Endpoint bikes thread

In this crue.

Sending good vibes to all Tarckers all over the world.

I feel like my Endpoint took like four months?
Maybe it took longer, but I dunno.

It was around 7 months for me from ordering my CG to it arriving. I got it built up pretty much immediately after and it’s been a fucking good bike so far.

On my CG it was also almost a year. But we had to wait like 3 months for shimano stuff.

Would you believe that I went to a bike shop and got a prebuilt bike that was ready on the same day? That was a game changer!

Lies! You don’t bike!

Six months for a preorder with no time guarantees is not bad, but could probably get tightened if the builder had a more realistic control of their production queue - Waterford, for example, tends to be pretty specific about when you’ll have product in hand.

A year is annoying but normal for a custom frame from an at all in-demand builder.

bward’s just trying to look like the smartest guy in the room for giving his up.

He’d have made a thread offering it for sale after a few weeks of ownership anyway, atmo.

If I my priority was having a bike as quickly as possible, I would have just walked into the shop where I used to work and bought a cannondale or Scott or whatever. Obviously I wanted something different.

This is a forum of nerds who obsess over high end exercise equipment. I don’t think anyone here is ever going to just walk into the bike store and buy whatever bike they have on the rack.

Just because I don’t use it doesn’t mean I didn’t buy it.

I actually do feel like the smartest guy in the room on this one.

Dunning–Kruger tho?

The QC issues have been a bit of a bummer honestly, but I can’t really fault anyone for the other delays out of their control. All parties have been upfront and willing to stand behind their work, which is pretty great. It probably isn’t helping that I’m probably more excited about this bike than any other bike and I’m basically waiting on how great it will probably be to make other bike related decisions. Until then, it’s kind of sad seeing it in the stand with a screwdriver in the headtube to keep the stem in place.

Longest I’ve ever waiting for a bike so far was my Kirk, which took almost exactly as long (somewhere between 11-12 months) as was quoted when I put in my deposit. But when that thing showed up, it was fully built and on the road in four days (ah, single life…).

For me this was PVC pipe + an electrical tape wrap to shim the stem :slight_smile:

For me this was PVC pipe + an electrical tape wrap to shim the stem :)[/quote]

OMG that’s even better. I’ve already had to swap out screwdrivers a couple of times when I needed that particular size.

I know I’ve been a bit aggro in this thread, but I must admit that Braden and Andy have been great to deal with. I’m probably ‘that guy’ for them, but I appreciate them going above and beyond.

Looking forward to getting a V3 Coffee Grinder to transplant my parts to. Glad I can swap end caps on my hub for the TA rear.

Not all small companies will find ways to help their customers, particularly after said customer ‘modified’ the frame in a fit of frustration. It can be aggravating/frustrating to have to send stuff back after waiting for months but at least they’re handling it as best as they can.

Sorry for being ‘that guy’.

Yep.

Getting stumped by the pusher situation on the v2 CG. 6800 arm interferes with the fender, R8000 braze-on adapter wants to be in the same location as the lower seat tube bottle boss. Using a generic braze-on adapter that’s roughly L shaped to clear the boss gets it right vertically, but the clock position is off so the pusher sits too far back and the brace bolt doesn’t make contact.

Should I just file down the lower bottle boss and install the Shimano adapter over the hole? I’ll still need to dimple the fender. Or just get a 22/36ish crank to let the pusher sit way low.