Endpoint bikes thread

Some bikes, even ones from the big guys like Trek and Specialized, will come with a braze-on adapter which is slotted for more up-and-down derailleur adjustment. The Problem Solver adapter is pretty bog standard, lots of room for adjustment.

The non-Shimano one I have is very similar to that, if not the same. Looking down at the BB area, the adapter needs to go more counterclockwise than the fender will allow.

I have a slotted generic adaptor like the one THL posted and yeah, it doesn’t have extra material where the brace contacts. That said, the brace bolt isn’t on the clamp on model, so I figure it’s less of a requirement if the braze on mount isn’t a flimsy one bonded/brazed/riveted to a frame tube. But you could still stick the little pad to the frame where it would contact (if the bolt is long enough to reach that far…)

Edit: is your braze on adaptor’s ST clamp bolt interfering with the fender when oriented to get the pusher parallel to the chainring?

My fender is bent over the screw on my problem solver adapter. I have also seen folks cut a small window in them. It is unnoticeable once all together.

Probably not the same situation but I had to cut a small window in my fender to accommodate the clamp-on FD on my v1 CG. As long as the hole is large enough that it isn’t resting on the clamp (putting tension into the fender) there hasn’t been a problem.

Ok, gonna try clearancing the fender then- thanks tarck!

Yes please, clearance the fender and never the frame.

The 6800 pusher has that hella long arm on it, right? that you clamp the cable to?

I don’t know if your exact situation is the same, but when I put a 5700 pusher onto my CG, the arm actually hit the tire before I could get the chain into the big ring, which just seemed like the cost of short chainstays, biggish tires and pushers.

I ended up using the Ultegra 8000 pusher, which has that crazy linkage and is able to get a lot of cage movement without much else moving towards the tire. It’s a pretty cool little machine and there’s a 105 version (5801 iirc) that costs like $35 or something. I don’t think the 6800 or 5800/5700 will work.

And yeah, I had to use a braze-on pusher with a clamp-on adaptor and clamp between the bottle cage bolts. That gave me enough vertical adjustability to get the pusher where I needed it for a 46t big ring.

That’s almost the exact situation, 6800 arm hits the rear fender; I have the 8000 pusher but it looks like I still have to create some space wrt the fender. All things considered I’d rather clearance for the clamp on the NDS than a moving part on the pusher itself. I’ll move some shims to fit and give it another go.

I dremeled out a notch for the pusher when it was 2x. It’s not uncommon to do with any short chainstay, big tire, fender bike.

Same with the Niner RLT steel I built for a customer and those have longer stays.

Three cheers for Andy on taking over during my self imposed exile.

Spring is here.
Second (unplanned) kid currently gestating.
Still, obviously, dealing with loose ends from recent calamities.
Things are starting to level out and move forward.
High hopes for the late spring frames.
Other projects are starting to creep forward after we put everything on hold while dealing with ballups.
I love you all.

Holy shit dude, congrats!

Congrats dude!

I’ve had my 2nd gen h/g for a couple months now and I’m just as happy with it as I was the day I first rode it. I’ve recco’d it to a couple friends but they’re not quite ready for boutique frame life. Can you hit me up about the hardtail chat though, I’m looking to replace my rigid mtb over this coming winter, and looking at options.

Convince me not to get a 2018 used karate monkey, basically.

Get the monkey.

[quote=Endpoint]Three cheers for Andy on taking over during my self imposed exile.

Spring is here.
Second (unplanned) kid currently gestating.
Still, obviously, dealing with loose ends from recent calamities.
Things are starting to level out and move forward.
High hopes for the late spring frames.
Other projects are starting to creep forward after we put everything on hold while dealing with ballups.
I love you all.[/quote]

post your bike new guy

j/k, congrats on the mini. 2 are fun!

Congrats man. Can’t get enough of my V3 CG.

No word on fork yet, was supposed to ship last week.
Waiting for them to get back at me.

Congrats!

[quote=Todd]No word on fork yet, was supposed to ship last week.
Waiting for them to get back at me.[/quote]

No word on my fork yet either.

[quote=puelnewdle]Congrats!

No word on my fork yet either.[/quote]

No word on my fork either.

[quote=EddBread][quote=puelnewdle]Congrats!

No word on my fork yet either.[/quote]

No word on my fork either.[/quote]