Endpoint bikes thread

Getting frames to the prison island is a real kick in the nuts.

Not sure what the deal is but regulations for box sizes are some of the smallest.

When I saw the email I was like “cool, ONLY the headset got borked.

The curse of prison island! (yours was borked much harder than mine!)

Velo orange makes a nice light bracket that worked well for me.

wrong thread
nobody cares

wtf two igors in a row

Lollin

You need to post your bikes in the new new guy thread before you do anything else.

Nitto 32f + V1 Hunter/Gatherer fork? Has anyone tried this combination?

Specifically, does it mount without p-clamps, and does it sit relatively level at a pleasing height above the front tire.

I have a Rawland demi-porteur but I’m not totally sold on it for the h/g.

Why don’t you like the Rawland Demi-Porteur?
I was considering ordering one so that I have a collapseable, flying/train friendly rack for my Elephant.
As much as I love the Haulin Colin Porteur it does not pack well for travel.

It’s pretty good, really. I’m not super-thrilled with the aluminum construction x crown attachment point. I like that it is one solid piece, I don’t like that it is made from aluminum. This is speculative but I would worry about a failure at this point.
The adjustable legs are nice and work fine to fit the H/G. I’ve used similar style legs on the Civia Pizzeria rack and they functioned great.

I’m considering color and think a silver rack might look nice the way my H/G is coming together. I might also try to keep my H/G lighter/faster mode and less fully-loaded multi-night camper and a small rack would work with that.

I think Pass+Stow would be a better flat-pack travel rack. Or maybe the Specialized Pizza rack.

Let me know if you ever want to part with your Haulin Colin! If I could fit that on my H/G I’d ignore my own dithering above about size and color.

Pass and Stow is real nice. Not sure how I feel about my rack costing as much as my frame.

The design of the pizza rack would be pretty friendly to flat packing. It does not take too long to take apart, not quite rinko but about as fast as you could ask for with a rack like this; one nice feature is that the attachmend point at the fork crown with the tang is open-ended and slotted, so you would just have to loosen the crown bolt, not remove it.

The Pizza Rack is designed with flat packing in mind, so that it can be cheaply shipped from Taiwan to America.

Any updates on a new milk crate rack? Or should we all forget it ever existed?

Contact Orc and beg

You don’t have to beg, I asked Orc via flickr and he seemed pretty open to the idea of making another rack.

… on that note I need to get back to him.

I’d pursue other options. Ork’s a measure-once-cut-three-or-four-times-oh-it-doesn’t-fit?-send-it-back-to-me-and-I’ll-fix-it kinda guy.

Orc has a hunter/gatherer fork jig though, so it should be right the first time.

Then why did I have to force the rack he built to fit on my fork and then have it sit 2.5" above the fender?