Endpoint bikes thread

idk, mine went on fine.

I don’t have fenders tho, so there’s that.

[quote=kmcdon]idk, mine went on mostly fine, but the fork crown mount is angle-ly and not parallel to the crown.

I don’t have a fork tho, so there’s that.[/quote]

ftfm

Oh yeah, mine is at a weird angle as well.
And the arms were like .5" away from the brazeons.

[quote=puelnewdle][quote=kmcdon]idk, mine went on mostly fine, but the fork crown mount is angle-ly and not parallel to the crown.

ftfm[/quote]

they said it would ship this week, it hasnt… Im trying not to bug them again till next week…

[quote=Rusty Piton]Oh yeah, mine is at a weird angle as well.
And the arms were like .5" away from the brazeons.[/quote]

The arms on mine were fine, but I did have to drill out one of holes because too tight for the bolt.

My rack is too close to the tire and requires some fender modification.

Man, I don’t know what I did in life to be one of the few to not have any issues.

I truly feel bad.

FWIW I had a bunch of weird issues on my Elephant. I think there’s something about mass producing a small batch of bikes that leads to more trouble than if you made 1 or 1,000.

[quote=Todd][quote=puelnewdle][quote=kmcdon]idk, mine went on mostly fine, but the fork crown mount is angle-ly and not parallel to the crown.

ftfm[/quote]

they said it would ship this week, it hasnt… Im trying not to bug them again till next week…[/quote]

Trying to be patient here too. As of this coming Wednesday, they will have had my fork for four weeks.

They offered me a paint blem fork replacement when they informed me about the disc tab, wishing now that I’d taken it.

Ruining people’s days ain’t easy, that’s for sure.

Day/Ruiner fender/rack chat:
Has anyone mounted a lowrider (tubus duo) and guards on their day ruiner yet and done it cleanly so one or the other or both can be mounted?

Considering attaching fender stays to the lowrider boss so I don’t have to do any caliper contortions, but then stacking it (SKS QR bracket) with the rack might be tricky. Extra fork warts might actually be helpful here!

Due to TA dropouts and the disc I don’t think I can do what I did on the radlawn, which was a long loctited bolt from the inside of the fork holding the stay p-clamp that I could also add the rack to with a nyloc on the outside.

I like the v-o/berthoud/honjo r clips, they work great in the tubus lowrider sandwich. That said, your probably not using any of those though you should. P clamps.

I currently have a set of SKS bluemels ‘matte’ that are 700x53mm and the profile is quite good for 650x47, plus they were less than 1/4 the price of VO when tacked onto an EU order.

If they end up being terrible I’ll get mail order some VO guards and make a rack’n’fender sammich I can stick a fork into.

Medium H/G on i650b

Howdy fellas - I just went ahead reached out to guys at FBM for both of you just now so I am hoping we can have some kind of confirmation on your forks shipping this week. It’s disappointing to hear that the date keeps getting bumped. Both camps have been doing as much as we can to check in daily and expedite any decisions that need to be made to get customer bikes correct and out the door. So we’re sorry again to keep you waiting.

Andy

Thanks Andy, been meaning to send FBM an e-mail in the evening, but always end up forgetting.

Just gonna leave this here in case anyone might find it useful for building batches of bikes in future:

TEL: 886-4-26815668

FAX: 886-4-26816448
E-mail: maxway@mail.maxway.com.tw
No.139-3, Dongming Road, Dajia Dist. Taichung City 43773, Taiwan R.O.C.

I’ve never known anyone who tried to import bikes from Taiwan who didn’t end up with whole batches on unsellable and unfixable bikes.

Mailing Address:
Waterford Precision Cycles
816 W. Bakke Ave.
Waterford, WI 53185
Phone: 262-534-4190 Fax: 262-534-4194

better?

Is that aluminum shop that was going to take on some of Cannondale’s domestic production during one of their holding company shuffles still around?

I think part of the appeal of the endpoint is that it’s musa

not saying that was a deciding factor for me, but it helps.

[quote=kmcdon]I think part of the appeal of the endpoint is that it’s musa

not saying that was a deciding factor for me, but it helps.[/quote]

America First!