Endpoint bikes thread

[quote=iwillbe][quote=kmcdon]I think part of the appeal of the endpoint is that it’s musa

not saying that was a deciding factor for me, but it helps.[/quote]

America First![/quote]

I don’t like that quote and the connotations that it carries, but it’s nice to build stuff here.

I like the Idea of buying MUSA for the same reason that I like to shop at Local Businesses.

Thanks Andy, I did contact them yesterday as well.

I’m just busting your chops.

the late 2000’s post-crash revival of musa/artisanal/handcrafted goods wasn’t some misguided backwards industrial policy, it was a more grassroots coping technique for feeling uncertain about the present.

More on topic: just have Cycles Ed build the next round of Endpoints. He knows what he’s doing, and in the unlikely event that he does fuck up, Braden or Andy can drive a half hour to yell at him in person.

I like the idea of buying something already produced, ready to ship and some care/thought put into it. The headset cups I knocked out of the day/ruiner headtube wasn’t greased :confused: Another example is I got a rando bag made by a local bag maker and he took forever and I ended up with something pretty shitty (to be fair he doesn’t make rando bags often.)

[quote=iwillbe]Just gonna leave this here in case anyone might find it useful for building batches of bikes in future:

TEL: 886-4-26815668

FAX: 886-4-26816448
E-mail: maxway@mail.maxway.com.tw
No.139-3, Dongming Road, Dajia Dist. Taichung City 43773, Taiwan R.O.C.[/quote]

Just got a tracking number for my fork. It’s a week away from showing up, but still, HY

Same, So pumped. Its sunny out and I can ride that bike within 15 mins of getting the fork.
SOREADY

HY!

And now there’s no scheduled delivery date due to “emergency situation or severe weather”. Maybe riding the middle of May, hopefully?

LOL me too.
This is comical.

[quote=Todd]LOL me too.
This is comical.[/quote]

I’ve already been joking with myself about getting shipped someone else’s fork with a tiny steerer, but never considered the fact that the truck might burn down. Or Somali land pirates hijacking the truck. Still so many possibilities for day ruining!

The current todo list for my ruiner:

No shit, this was the update for a frame a friend sent. “Destroyed by fire in vehicle accident”

[quote=puelnewdle][quote=Todd]LOL me too.
This is comical.[/quote]

I’ve already been joking with myself about getting shipped someone else’s fork with a tiny steerer, but never considered the fact that the truck might burn down. Or Somali land pirates hijacking the truck. Still so many possibilities for day ruining![/quote]

I know, thats my deep fear at the moment. Fork is ruined, and gotta get re-built or something…
I was gonna do fenders… but it may be time to just ride the thing when it finally happens.

No shit, this was the update for a frame a friend sent. “Destroyed by fire in vehicle accident”[/quote]

We had this happen at the shop I worked at except it was a cervelo r5ca that had been sent to calfee brand new for a few carbon add ons and custom paint. All the work was done we were waiting for the frame to put all the di2 bits back on, and yeah that’s the update we got from fedex.

Did anyone have to face the head tube of their Day/Ruiners? The headset I knocked out (installed and sent from endpoint) had metal shavings bonded onto the cups, I thought it might be a lack of grease. But when I pressed an old headset cup in (I greased the cups and headtube) it was tight and I found shavings coming out

Mine came with a headset installed and tbh it will probably remain in place for the lifetime of that frame.

Shavings are probably from somewhere else in the frame. The Seven I just built had metal confetti come out when I blew it out with air.

I didn’t have to face/ream but tolerances were tight on mine - my DIY headset press couldn’t push the cups in so I had to have LBS install with a real tool.

[quote=Todd]LOL me too.
This is comical.[/quote]

Tracking is now updated, went back to on its way with no scheduled date, to on its way with a scheduled date of Thursday, back to on its way with no scheduled date.

At least all these fork shenanigans have been enough time to recover from the VO setbaaaack I ordered through the LBS getting accidentiallyed to someone else, and its replacement being ordered and received.