Endpoint bikes thread

I didn’t have to face/ream but tolerances were tight on mine - my DIY headset press couldn’t push the cups in so I had to have LBS install with a real tool.[/quote]

Hm yeah nah, I reckon peeps need to face their head tubes. Is your DIY headset press a threaded rod with hex nuts and washers?

I didn’t have to face/ream but tolerances were tight on mine - my DIY headset press couldn’t push the cups in so I had to have LBS install with a real tool.[/quote]
you should always face and ream because the heat from the welds will distort things a bit out of round.
thems just the science

MOST frames we processed got faced and reamed. If you got a Token headset we discovered those were actually a little oversized and were fussy going in. Zero issues with Cane Creek or King.

[quote=EddBread]
Is your DIY headset press a threaded rod with hex nuts and washers?[/quote]

guilty as charged

agreed. FBM told me mine was already faced and reamed, and I could see the ream marks inside the head tube so proceeded to yolo.

lesson learned - I’ll buy a real press next time I see one for reasonable $$

[quote=dotMR][quote=EddBread]
Is your DIY headset press a threaded rod with hex nuts and washers?[/quote]

guilty as charged[/quote]

I’ve used a DIY headset press for 2 bike builds so there’s no shame in using the rod :slight_smile:

first.

The real tool works real fuckin nice though.

HY fork has arrived! No noticeable singe marks or bullet holes noted.

let’s get that bike on some dirt!

I’m going to ride it tomorrow on the 3 miles 0.3 mile of sw8 dirt and gravel on the way to the office.

But probably not since we gots rain predicted everyday for the near future and I’m probably too lazy to install fenders this weekend.

Pics or it didn’t happen…

Pics or it didn’t happen…[/quote]

It didn’t happen

But HY my ruiner has a fork and a front wheel and a rack and a bag now.

Fork came
I went mountainbiking tho
will put it all up this weekend

side note: About to take at least another 3 weeks off my bike to try and fully heal…

bob trailer axle came today.

thread pitch is 1.5, but endpoint thread pitch is 1.0, but endpoint front thread pitch is 1.5

goddamnit

(I realize that this is my fault for not measuring.)

that’s right, endpoints are supposed to be front-loading

Well yeah, but I’m trying to make this whole thing as ridiculous as possible.

Also I’m going to a place where I’ll probably need like 10L of water and there’s no water source, also what better way to carry a bunch of beer.

Trust me, it’s going to be awesome.

the joke is it’s designed to put the bob on the fork

Well yeah, but I’m trying to make this whole thing as ridiculous as possible.

Also I’m going to a place where I’ll probably need like 10L of water and there’s no water source, also what better way to carry a bunch of beer.

Trust me, it’s going to be awesome.[/quote]

Uyuni Salt Flats?

Uhh so do people file down the screws that hold up the head badge? Mine are interfering with the fork.

Should this be in the dumb questions thread?

Looks like the headset cup is bent bruh