Endpoint bikes thread

[quote=EddBread]Uhh so do people file down the screws that hold up the head badge? Mine are interfering with the fork.

Should this be in the dumb questions thread?[/quote]

Should Mig be put in the dumb answers thread?

He posted the cup pic when it arrived bent.

Like when
A month ago

April 23rd.

Close enough

Ya I tapped the cups out. Back to the screws for the head badge, do people file them down or get shorter screws (cause the current ones are pretty damn short like 1.5cm short)

No issues with the screws on mine.

File down
Or new screws
Or remove it completely

Do you have a die to recut the threads? or a nut to thread on that you can back out after shortening to realign them a bit?

The threads protruding into the HT aren’t doing anything, so shortening the screw is NBD. (I’d use loctite when reinstalling regardless)

Just buzz it down on a grinding wheel / sanding belt or disc, only needs to lose a small amount. I haven’t touched mine and it doesn’t touch the steerer when it’s in place, so the used screw lengths might vary a touch?

[quote=Blakey]Do you have a die to recut the threads? or a nut to thread on that you can back out after shortening to realign them a bit?

The threads protruding into the HT aren’t doing anything, so shortening the screw is NBD. (I’d use loctite when reinstalling regardless)

Just buzz it down on a grinding wheel / sanding belt or disc, only needs to lose a small amount. I haven’t touched mine and it doesn’t touch the steerer when it’s in place, so the used screw lengths might vary a touch?[/quote]

Cool yeah I’ll probs do that. Or maybe the new forks tubes are thicker by .01?

couldn’t be. OD is a controlled dimension and ID varies on schedule (wall thickness), and as you step up in diameter, you can usually slip fit one into the other (eg a 28.6 OD tube with a 1.6mm WT would sleeve a 25.4 OD tube, 1mm WT would sleeve a 26.6 OD tube, except these would have been imperial inch fractions originally).

The HT has to have an ID to match HS cups, so it’s reamed at the ends to the exact dimension. Steerer has OD to match stems across it’s length (28.6mm excluding taper at bottom for some steerers, usually carbon).

No headbadge screw issues here, if it were me I’d probably just file it down because YOLO dirtbag etc…

regarding the trip, it’s not salt flats, but rather the pawnee grasslands of northeast colorado. I know of two water sources, located roughly 50 miles apart. I’m not sure our route is going near them.

remove screws

use presta valve stem nuts as washers between badge and ht

cool 3D headtube badge

[quote=iwillbe]remove screws

use presta valve stem nuts as washers between badge and ht

cool 3D headtube badge[/quote]

• trace head badge on thick plastic. Choose a color that matches your bottle cages. Re-attach headbadge with new sweet colored spacer.

The badge won’t fit on spacers; the material would have to stretch to accommodate the extra circumference due to the extra radius from center.

1. Remove screws
  2. Throw screws in garbage
  3. Sell headbadge to a collector
  4. Put your favorite sticker on
  5. Profit

Endy/Braden:

Any Large h/g framesets that are not spoken for as of currently? My friend is interested in getting one.

1. Remove screws
  2. Throw screws in garbage
  3. Sell headbadge to a collector
  4. Put your favorite sticker on
  5. Profit[/quote]

I think step three should be:
3. Keep head badge for 80 years
4. Sell it on future eBay
5. Profit (if I live long enough?)