Endpoint bikes thread

i just don’t clean bikes if i can help it. for what it’s worth, when i ran into dulling on a plastic skirt guard in bike share (clouded up by use of clean streak aka mostly naphtha to remove graffiti), white lightning wet lube shines t back to perfect, and i bet pledge would do great on powdercoat. maybe some automotive product would also knock it out of the park?

Pedro’s bike lust

Yeah bike lust was what I used at the shop. Made bikes look great and made customers really happy when they got their bikes back.

Powder coat dulls because it has no clear and is relatively maleble. Clear coat is traditionally very hard and keeps its shine. The maleable nature of powder is why it doesn’t chip. Use maguiers ultimate compound to restore luster.

I bought motorbacon’s coffee grinder. I have a h/g fork on the way and want a porteuresque rack for it. These new fangled aluminum offerings from specialized, rawland and soma have me nervous. I like being able to carry a lot of weight without concern. I know there’s already been some heavy rack talk in here, but what are my options? I’ll also want to run a lowrider rack like the tubus tara or duo. Am I destined for custom? Someone sell me a rack? Thaaaanks.

Edit: I haven’t inquired into the milkcrate rack. Is that still a thing?

i have a specialized pizza rack i would sell you for cheap. it falls into your nervous category though.

It at least has a more substantial weight limit. I’ll send ya a message.

Was just in Sandbridge, the little bit of the Outer Banks that sticks up into VA, for a week, burning around the gravel roads of the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge on the Coffee Grinder. Best bike.

1 Like

A buddy of mine just spent 3 weeks touring Japan with a pizza rack (amongst a bunch of other trips) and only had issues when he crashed the thing, but it otherwise held up well

Hey Tarckers - I am traveling to Portland, Seattle and Vancouver this week and bringing my bike. I should be in Seattle the 12/13th and up for a cruise if anybody wants to show me around. This also means you can blame any business malfunctions on me being gone and Braden being in charge.

I’m in Portland, LMk when you’re here

1 Like

I will be around probably able to cruise around in the evening, I’ll be on the east side for a conference during the day tho!

my bike still rides fine. i’m looking at you, braden. i’m looking at you.

Text me when this is going on and I’ll try to meet up for a cruise.

Haven’t posted a pic in awhile.

• Installed fenders after 6 hours in the rain a few weeks ago
  • Received and installed my standard tarck issue Cyo Premium (swapped out the Eyc mounted on the fork blade)
  • Installed low-riders
  • Replaced the thin bike ribbon with double wrap Newbaums + some splash. Seems too thick now, think it’s time to buy some gloves
  • Mounted secula on seatstay using a bracket Mr. Squirrel posted somewhere…bracket works pretty well. Not yet wired though.

Not ready to cut steerer tube further yet…still not 100% about bar position

^ I see you mounted your fender stays to the tubus eyelet. Do you have enough stay length to reach the fork eyelet if you remove the rack?

I was thinking of running a longer hex head bolt from the inside to the outside and bolting on the stay, and then adding on the tubus when needed, it needs spacing anyway to clear the blade. Longer term I’d do like Squirrel and get another eyelet on the fork.

x-post from rackchat:

After some dickering around, I now have a pair of custom struts to suit the rainbow sparkle MAS*H rack and matching ILE bag.

Fork mount on DS strut to allow for adjustment of IQ-X angle without loosening the bolt. Can use the included dogbone for more articulation if needed. Hangyjawn setup of IQ-X is very convenient.

ILE bag is held on quite nicely with the tombstone and front rail captive

Now to fit fenders in with the crown mount and it’s done.

[quote=Blakey]^ I see you mounted your fender stays to the tubus eyelet. Do you have enough stay length to reach the fork eyelet if you remove the rack?

I was thinking of running a longer hex head bolt from the inside to the outside and bolting on the stay, and then adding on the tubus when needed, it needs spacing anyway to clear the blade. Longer term I’d do like Squirrel and get another eyelet on the fork.

x-post from rackchat:

After some dickering around, I now have a pair of custom struts to suit the rainbow sparkle MAS*H rack and matching ILE bag.

Fork mount on DS strut to allow for adjustment of IQ-X angle without loosening the bolt. Can use the included dogbone for more articulation if needed. Hangyjawn setup of IQ-X is very convenient.

ILE bag is held on quite nicely with the tombstone and front rail captive

Now to fit fenders in with the crown mount and it’s done.[/quote]

Amazing! HY!
Just out of curiosity how does the ILE bag handle fully loaded without a decaleur type support?

Also explain this

[quote=EddBread]
Amazing! HY!
Just out of curiosity how does the ILE bag handle fully loaded without a decaleur type support?[/quote]

dunno yet. will find out.

which part of it?