Fender chat chat

Velo Orange makes good fenders.

2 Likes

PDW Full Metal City Fenders
Simworks
Planet Bike ALX are kinda short in front, stupid hardware, avoid those.

I wish the Velo Orange wavy fenders in black weren’t sold out :frowning:

Who thought black stuff sells [shouldershrugguy.pk3] ?

I’m liking the look of those PDW fenders. I like the price of the VO. Are the PDW twice as good or is that just the Portland tax?

Not sure of the looks of the hammered finish though… These will be going on a mostly black coffee grinder. I really like the smooth look of the PDW. too bad the Honjo/Sim Works don’t come in a reasonable size for my application.

Check out Handsome Cycles’ fenders.
Velo-Orange, too.

VO vs PDW: get the ones you think are most pretty.
Gray PDW city fenders for $92: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07114X4BW

LOL why are the PDW ones so crazy expensive?
They don’t even have rolled edges and are thus excluded from my consideration.

I busted up some pdw fenders in like 2 months of ownership. I got a stick caught in them because the weather was foul and sticks were rampant. They were really pretty for 2 months though.

I bought $35 Wald fenders because they would fit my tires. They don’t fit in my frame.

A) Sell them for $20 to someone?
B) modify them to fit under the fork crown and stays?

If they almost fit, strategically dent them. I’ve used a mallet, bench vise, and pipe to approximate a half round block + mandrel. Make a wood half round block if you can.

2 Likes

Yeah man they just need some massaging

I’ll play around with them and see how much needs to be massaged

Has anyone tried to repair a cracked metal fender? Was thinking of rubber cement covered by some re-enforced strapping tape.

If you do that, drill out the end of the crack so it won’t spread as easily

Zip tie stitch it and jb weld

1 Like

You can make it work!
I heavily massaged my Wald fenders to get them on my red Schwinn and now they work great!
I also added some VO hardware because the Wald stuff is pure trash.

Can you point me to the vo stuff you used? Someone else also mentioned that hardware.

These are also fantastic stays for retrofitting (especially if you are in toe-clip-overlap zone) but not sure they are wide enough to fit around the Wald fenders:
https://www.benscycle.com/gilles-berthoud-fender-stays/fender_part_gillesberthoud_fenderstays_230/product

I used these things. I just unbent and rebent by hand to fit the wider fender. I had to drill out the mounting hole a touch (and cover the second pair of holes)