Fenders

Gilles Berthoud or bust.

Yep! I’ve been using one on the chainstay bridge of my Wolverine for like three years with no problems!

[/quote]
or buy a set of cx70 cantilevers for the awesome spacers they come with. i used them on a bike for like three years and they sort of worked. then i got my hunter gatherer and one of the spacers looks great!

most shops will have a handful of those spacers laying around. I know we hoard them for the off chance we get to use them on something like that.

Got some P-50 longboards for christmas. Seems like none of the supplied bolts fits the fork crown mount for my niner rlt. There is a threaded hole on the back of the crown, bit everything that came with the fenders i too small (diameter). Any ideas? I tried searching to see if it’s a specific bolt, but couldn’t find anything.

SKS hardware is usually M5, if your crown is threaded and larger perhaps it’s M6. Imperial would be weird. Take off one of your disc caliper bolts and check?

I concur: If everything is too small, than it’s probably an M6.

Ride bike to Stone Way Hardware. Find bolt that fits. Done.

Thanks. Every other bolt fits excepts for that one.
Got a hardware store even closer than stone way. Right across the street. Just need to wait for them to open tomorrow.

I also have a million M6 bolts, but it’s probably easier to get over there than it is to come here and save $2.50.

Ride bike to Stone Way Hardware. Find bolt that fits. Done.[/quote]

One of the only things I truly miss about Seattle is Stone way hardware, especially the four years I lived within walking distance of it.

Wow! That must be one fantastic hardware store!

It is really good, especially for metric hardware. Lots of lengths, head styles, stainless, zinc, etc. Also a whole bunch of nylon or metal spacers, aluminum tube, that kind of thing. Plus the usual household type stuff.

Plus helpful staff.

M6 success.

Alright, next Q: Getting the stays to clear the front brake caliper. The fenders came with spacers, but not enough to get the end of the stay past the caliper. Is this where I’m supposed to get inventive or am I doing something wrong?

A bunch of presta nuts stacked up works great

I think I’ve got the front on. It looks shitty and is like 1mm from the tire at certain points. I found enough spacers and a long enough bolt. Also, the stays on the left side brush the caliper. And I think I need the extra spacers to mount the rear stays.

A lot of folks bend the lower stays to get them to clear the caliper. Wright Bros has a bigass vise that would be good for that.

Also, I have some bolt cutters for trimming the stays when you’re ready.

Might be ready. At least ready for a second set of eyes to tell me what I’ve done wrong.