Fenders

Looks good to me

A friend just mentioned these fenders for people rolling with 650b x 48
Might be a good alternative to PB 27.5 ALX fenders.
Comes in black and silver

Price is an issue. 3x the planet bike version, even if you get velo orange/honjo/berthoud stays and hardware

Berthoud 26" x 60mm long fit SBH amazingly well. Boulder bike was selling them as 650b (26").

Portland Design Works has their 650b fender coming around soon. That could be a serious competitor for the Planet Bike, especially if the coverage is more complete.

'Doubt it’ll stand up to the Honjos, though.

The 700x40 Berthoud on the rear of my bike got bad stick damages. I straightened the stays, they’re fine.
Should buy another Berthoud, or go to something else? I seem to get better service life out of plastic fenders :frowning:

[quote=TimArchyLime]Thanks. Every other bolt fits excepts for that one.
Got a hardware store even closer than stone way. Right across the street. Just need to wait for them to open tomorrow.[/quote]
I have a case of metric bolts from m3 to m8 in 5mm increment length ways because I was sick of never having what I needed.

What’s the max size that can fit under the 30mm pdw fenders?

I’ve got 25c Gatorskins under mine. The back will rub sometimes. I don’t know if a 28 would work and not be rubbing constantly.

Fencing pliers are my current solution for clipping fender stays. About $12 at your local hardware store.

how are we feeling about Longboards these days?

I’d like to spend ~$50 for new fenders

Tanaka’s are between $50-$60 for metal
Longboards can be had for $35
PB hardcore for $40 (in awful yellow colorway too!)

[quote=spaghetti]
PB hardcore for $40 (in awful yellow colorway too!)[/quote]
Oh hell yeah, thanks for the heads up. Didn’t realize those came in 26"x60mm Yellow.
That’s gunna be perfect for my ugly Faux Limebike project.
https://www.planetbike.com/store/hardcore-bike-fenders-26-x-60mm.html
Still gotta track down a 26" or 650b disc frame to get the ball rolling.

if you’re doing it then i’m doing it!

Do you need a hangover Squirrel? I’ve got a Bianchi DISS I’m looking to get rid of.

I’m interested. How complete, how cheap?

Looking for something with a fork that has provisions for mounting a front rack with minimal fuckery.
Unfortunately there aren’t many good options out there.
Ideally Masi would start selling that new 2018 Low trail Randonneur as frameset only because I do not want any parts that come with the complete.
Thinking:
city bike with Limebike paint scheme
1x drivetrain
flatbar
hydro brakes
dynamo front wheel
plump 26" or 650b + yellow fenders
basket

It’s got fender stays so you could rig up one of those Soma Lucas jawns pretty easy. Currently has Maxxis Hookworms for some reason. I’ll stop trying to push it on you now.

I’m interested. How complete, how cheap?[/quote]
PM’d

I am totally ruining this thread with OT but this is good news:

[quote]Hello Andrew,
Thanks for the email! Unfortunately the Speciale Randonneur is not currently available in a frameset option. We are working on a frame/fork/fender option this year, but it’s not up and ready to go yet. Hopefully we should see an option to purchase the frameset directly from our website by the middle of the year.
[/quote]

That’s great news, especially if you work at a Masi dealer. If the price is right, I could definitely be convinced to make that into a city bike.