Fenders

EAI has honjo and berthoud

Velo Orange 650b fenders work perfectly fine.

Not as far as I can tell. Everything looks out of stock.

Do they make one 60mm wide? The 50mm ones on Ash’s bike are NOT wide enough for Horizons.
edit: They do! Will buy!

Do they make one 60mm wide? The 50mm ones on Ash’s bike are NOT wide enough for Horizons.
edit: They do! Will buy![/quote]

Which VO fenders you looking at, the 26 x 60mm?

Have ALX for the ruiner, but debating whether or not I want to actually use them.

I really, REALLY wish that VO would make their 60mm fenders in black. As soon as they do that, the ALX are going into the closet or on eBay.

Ok so I have a mild annoyance.

Replaced the centerpull brake on the front of lady’s biek, it used to have an oldschool nutted brake. Now we replaced it with a brake with the recessed nut. Welp, turns out that it’s not compatible with the daruma for the fender. We got it to work, but now the whole daruma/washer/fender is shoved up to the front of the steer tube instead of in the center like it should be.

Everything’s OK, the brakes work, the fenders look fine, but it’s really triggering my OCD. Is there anyone that makes a daruma with a larger hole, so that it will sit properly with the recessed nut?

Is the hole diameter on the existing daruma already an M6?

So it looks like this but the daruma doesn’t fit over the nut?

is there enough room to jam a star nut in the bottom of the steerer?

The star nut would have its thread obstructed by the brake bolt.

Dig around for a swing bolt with a large enough diameter or get your machinist to make/braze something appropriate.

Or convert the brakes to nutted!

You could also just fashion a piece of flat stock into an L bracket and stick it between the brake and fork. Likely cheaper and less of a headache than fiddling with daruma hardware.

Can you cut shorter, or find a shorter nut for the brake?

OCD triggering intensifies

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]Is the hole diameter on the existing daruma already an M6?

So it looks like this but the daruma doesn’t fit over the nut?

[/quote]

This is exactly the situation that I am faced with.

I’ll check tomorrow, I have an extra star nut, and it possibly (but probably not) could be a solution.

i want to complain about this fender setup for a minute
ok, fork is a eric estlund rando with a standard iso
brake is a shimmy cx77
fenders are sks somethings

i have to use a 1" spacer on the left/brake side to clear the caliper. this means i have to bend the left stay to get to the stay attachment on the fender. because of the angle of entry to the stay attachment it causes the fender to twist slightly and it rubs at the top of the tire/top end of the fender. i punched a hole in the fender and ziptied it to the rack as a short term solution. long term will involve another fender stay bend to mimic the opposite stay attachment angle. infuriating, all of this really

Yep.

The fender mounts are one of my favorite features of the Hatchet. They’re above the calipers and inside the stays. Potato photo:

mig- can you do an s bend in so that the two ends of the “s” are parallel but the one end is about where the fender wants the stay to be?

Higher fork mounts for fender stays are v.nice. I’ve had to do Z bends and also doglegs around calipers previously.

Haven’t bolted up guards on the day ruiner yet, contemplating using the low rider boss as a pseudo high mount.

Yes, kind of what I explained