Fenders

Can you get a fresh stay and do a more creative bend that creeps around the caliper and ends up where it would be if there was no caliper, and then approaches the stay bracket on the same path that the DS does? Then there shouldn’t be any asymmetry.

It will be a royal pain to do all the bends though.

I’m not 100% sure I know what the problem is with the set up, but I tend to bend stays up rather than out and around with disc brakes. No spacers.

Berthoud 60mm are 26" or reshaped 700’s. The 650b are only available in 40mm and 50mm. You can do quite a bit of manipulation to make them work for your needs, though.

*I just saw you were using SKS. I love plastic shelled fenders, but they have a whole lot less ability to be shaped to your needs. Very often the pop from the mold with some twist, as well.

The bendy stay trick might still work. Certainly if you toss on Berthoud/ Honjo/ VO style struts.

Yeah it’s not an issue with the one that doesn’t fly. The reason why I selected sks is because they weigh ounces less than berthoud.

It’s not really a problem in the grand scheme it just annoying

how many ounces?

I have to remove both so I’ll weigh them in a week or two

fender Q: I have a Trek Steel District and by “a comedy of errors” (i.e. I think my dad ran them over or they flew out of the bed of the truck or something when he was having my bikes boxed) I no longer have the stock fenders. Recommend me black metal fenders for 700 x mid-30s? The catch is that they have to attach to that mid-fork boss and idk what to look for to make sure that can happen. Bonus if they’re available through Q

Alternately if anybody has access to dexter and can see if spare fenders are available that would be rad, but the bike’s old enough that I doubt that’s an option.

PDW FMF

fuck man, VO fenders with the PDW full metal stay attachment. Mig is WRONG.

and some of the V-O black 45mm fenders. might be payin full price, but it will probably be a lil cheaper than PDW through Q.

if u r a shopbro just call pdw and ask nicely

The FMFs are almost $70 through Q. even with shopbro pricing, they ain’t cheap, and the VO fenders are perfectly adequate.

PDW pro deal is very generous and that’s literally the only reason I would ever consider any of their products.

[quote=kmcdon][quote=Andrew_Squirrel]Is the hole diameter on the existing daruma already an M6?

So it looks like this but the daruma doesn’t fit over the nut?

[/quote]

This is exactly the situation that I am faced with.[/quote]

I wonder if you could buy this one, put it in your vise and drill a wider hole?
https://www.euroasiaimports.com/productcart/pc/Honjo-48-Fender-Attatchment-Pivot-for-Narrow-Space-2291p23812.htm

cookietruck was right on the solution, find a shorter brake nut - your local shop should have a bizillion of them. The daruma isn’t supposed to go over the nut.

Has anyone seen/used the Simworks Flat 65 fenders?

Do the PDWs clear disc brakes with the stock hardware/stays?

what do you mean? not if your caliper is in the way, no. i will look tonight if there is a long-washer included.

Thanks. I was specifically referring to stay length. Namely, are they long enough to accommodate a spacer (to clear the caliper).

Curious if anyone has seen these in the flesh:

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/str-mg.php

They don’t look that long (coverage wise). I wish that was a standard measurement posted for all fenders.