Fenders

rusty crown?
they don’t want fenders on that bike.

I’d say a p clamp but it might still be short. Or you could make a pseudo bridge with two clamps and a piece of metal? Idk. Chain stay light mount

I’ve seen some road bikes with some kind of strap-on seat stay bridge here in Seattle. Not sure of the brand or availability, maybe some shop bros have sold them?

DIY-wise, I’d think strip steel with three holes, two on each side for the seat stays and one in the center for the fender. Or maybe strong plastic would work as well.

The GT grade has a detachable rear bridge for fenders:

Maybe you can grab one.

Damn, that is clever!

That is exactly the item I was describing. Yes!

it would be clever if it shipped with a real bridge and hacksaw to make it detachable

#EDRC amirite?

P-clips on each stay, bolted to the outer edges of the fender.

Or hack off a chunk of old pletscher rack -that part that clamps across the stays.

There are variosu bits and bobs meant to clamp to saddle rails that might be wide enough to use?

[quote=turpencat]
they don’t want fenders on that bike.[/quote]

Why is it quad connected? I mean stay/bridge/bb not enough?

Ohhhh no brake bridge

Yup, no bridge. It was flexy AF w/o the reflector bracket.

I love this trick, and I can’t believe how long it took for me to learn it!

I love this trick, and I can’t believe how long it took for me to learn it![/quote]

Yeah, I was elated when I thought of this. We’re talking caveman-discovering-fire feeling. But like you said, somebody else (probably) thought of it long ago.

Yeah. I was shown it by a sales guy, of all people. The shame.

Im interested to hear about those fenders. Do they work? Do they suck?

I like the Mud Butler fenders better than VO’s fenders. The former are a little stiffer, have more consistent quality, and the stays don’t use drawbolts. Unfortunately, the stays are steel (heavy) and 4mm dia, so you need special r-clips.

What clips specifically?