Get me into drops and hoodz

Deda 215s are my jam. Great bar.

I had loved my BBB OEM bars, which are the same thing as the 3TTT Rotundos, and I guess I still do, but since I picked up the Easton EC90 Equipe, I’m sold on these. They are traditional bend like the BBBs, but with a flatter ramp (a la the Nitto Noodle). They’re also 26 and carbon, so they’re more PRO than the BBBs, but they are also unfortunately discontinued as Easton tries to find itself again for the fifth time in as many years.

And now this:

I have been pleasantly surprised by the Syntace 7075

I like this thread when it was called ‘bar fight’
EDIT!
this Syntace crabon ergo-nudlish 31.8 bar looks intriguing to me.

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=1155
I’m not saying I’d go out and buy carbon bars, but it’s intriguing to think about.

Weirdo.[/quote]

In the interest of full disclosure I do have freakishly large hands. The bumps on ergo bars sort of get absorbed into my palms. On the converse, trying to ride with chop’n’flops is a joke - a painful joke.

i want to give the deep drop (belgian) newtons a shot eventually, they look to have a flatter ramp to campy hoods. some of the PRO bars look nice as well.

Can’t wait to give these a try for road… classic bend, flat ramp, plenty of room in the hooks, and 31.8 throughout the whole tops (stiffff!).

Really want to check out the FSA/3T compact wing bars for the CX bike but can’t bring myself to do it yet.

i think next year for the road racing bike i’m probably going to use these bars

sort like fsa compact bars. if the moneys there i’m going to just buy a pair instead of using felt take off bars.

those or the ritchey ones off my masi and put the 'stache bars on that thing.

[quote=trackatino]

Can’t wait to give these a try for road…[/quote]

What are they?

[quote=zombie][quote=trackatino]

What are they?[/quote]

We really need to know.

Cinelli Campione del Mondo?

[quote=frankstoneline]

they arent really out of control wonky ergo, but they definitely arent traditional bend.[/quote]

These look lovely. I’ve always wanted to figure out a good combo of bar + lever that would make for a totally flat top like this. Think R200s would work in place of SRAM?

[quote=halbritt][quote=zombie][quote=trackatino]

What are they?[/quote]

We really need to know.[/quote]

I’m guessin’ PRO cos stem

Yeah, they are definitely the Shimano PRO Vibe “Round” bars. The carbon ones cost an arm and a leg, and I don’t think the alloy ones are sold in the US at the moment.

Here they are at Wiggle.

I was thinking of getting some 3t Rotundos for the track. I hate any sort of pista bars and the current bars I have are horrid(Profile Design Dromo). Any thoughts on this? Basically I want traditional bend, shallow-ish to medium drop, and stiff as possible while not going carbon/expensive.

[quote=halbritt][quote=zombie][quote=trackatino]

What are they?[/quote]

We really need to know.[/quote]

BC got it right… Pro Vibe 7S round bars. Alloy is indeed available in the US, atleast at one of my LBS’s in Portland.

I would go with the bars mentioned above (Pro Vibe 7S) but any non-weight weenie traditional bend road drop in 31.8 should be stiff enough atmo. I’ve been seeing a decent amount of those FSA Compact bars at the track that everyone seems to love for road. Could probably make for a great mass start/madison bar.

Just to clear something up here, a bar doesn’t need to be 31.8 to be stiff.

I have the Rotundo Pros, and I love the drop and reach, very comfortable in the hooks. Some of those FSA bars have wider flats with tighter bend into the drops, and I could imagine hitting your arms in a sprint.

Also, I have a pair of Dimension wing-style bars (nearly identical to FSA) as well as some Control Techs of a similar shape, both 31.8, that I want to get rid of. PM me if interested.

This seems to be the best place to ask this. I want to get some drops for my tarck bike, I had some Nitto B-123’s but I didn’t like how deep they were and how close to the stem they started curving. I’m looking mostly at round (traditional?) bend track-ish bars, but I am open minded. Any suggestions?