getting hit by cars

not “for this long”
i lost my solid. Plus I like having the adjustable for fender bolts, but maybe i should just carry a 15 and whatever they take.

So glad I can get all the way across town using 95% bike path. Some days I can just fly right through the intersections without having to wait for cars. Madison FTW.

I don’t know how ya’ll just randomly have your chains fall off… There’s really only two reasons why this should happen, #1 is a bad chain line, #2 is your chain is too loose and usually you can tell this before it ever falls off because it’ll be bouncing around and making a lot of noise.

Took pictures of him today… I had no idea he got this fucked.

Haha my facebook has exploded with people commenting on those pictures.

I can explain his chain thing: janky conversion + qr fixed back wheel. It just started happening today because he got his chain shortened and is now running 44/13 when he used to run 53/13 and it never ever slipped.

janky conversion
53/13

lols

edit:
ps, i’m glad your friend is okay.

ugh, and wow.

new to fixed + high 80s gear inches + janky conversion and chainline + brakeless…

also, glad he’s okay, but this should be a lesson for tarckers

friends dont let friends bike dumb

I try to keep all my friends from riding dumb. If he didn’t use a 60cm steel frame that won’t hold my brake at all then he would have a brake. I made him buy a brake once but it was too shitty to even work. I’m a bigggg advocate of all my friends riding safely, I have like 3 helmets in my car and I encourage everyone to use one. I don’t run reds and the only reason he went under this one is because his chain came off. That alley cat I was in, there were like 3 people there riding brakeless without foot straps or helmets. I don’t understand how or why people do it.

VA bike scene = !!!

Tell your boy to pull up his damn pants.

I ride brakeless, but I’m fully ready to admit complete fault if I do anything like this shit. It’ll suck to have to pay it off, but he needs to own up to his mistake. Also, considering his vast riding experience of a whole 6 months, I’d be willing to bet a front brake would have put him headfirst into the ground after he panicked and grabbed a fist full.

Glad the kid is ok and not dead. Now it’s life lesson time.

Your friend’s accident was entirely his fault and unfortunately, entirely preventable. I hope the police see this and make him pay for that girl’s car.

Well honestly it’s my friends mom’s fault for having kids. I hope someone does the right thing and kills him and his mom so no more car accidents happen involving bikes. Really, it was the person who invented the bicycles fault because if they hadn’t ever invented bikes then nobody would ever get hit by a car. I hope you’re following my logic, y.

Shut the fuck up. This kid has no defense. He took a chance that many of us take every day and got handed the short end of the stick. Time for him to mature the fuck up and deal with it.

On second thought, all we have is Kassebaum’s rendition of the situation. We really have no idea if the kid is going to try to dodge responsibility or face it. But I think we do have a clear picture of what our dear Spacetime would do in the same situation.

are you fucking dumb? did you go headfirst into a windshield, too?

zooming into an intersection, on a brakeless fixed gear, when you have little biking experience, with a shitty chainline. WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY FORSEEN A PROBLEM

totally the same thing as giving birth

I just don’t appreciate how he blatantly said it was my friends fault. If his chain hadn’t fucked up he would have stopped at the light like he did for every one before it. Watch your good friend nearly die and see if you don’t get heated and some comment like that.

chain snap/drop is a pretty forseeable consequence to the numerous bad bike decisions your friend has made

so… blatantly it’s his fault

[quote=TimArchy]Shut the fuck up. This kid has no defense. He took a chance that many of us take every day and got handed the short end of the stick. Time for him to mature the fuck up and deal with it.

On second thought, all we have is Kassebaum’s rendition of the situation. We really have no idea if the kid is going to try to dodge responsibility or face it. But I think we do have a clear picture of what our dear Spacetime would do in the same situation.[/quote]

I feel you. I made this thread because because at the time of the accident, the police were making it seem like he would really have nothing to do after this. I asked them from every angle. It only happened last night but I know he has not been contacted by anyone yet. You people seem to be pretty experienced in getting clobbered by cars and dealing with the aftermath.

Well honestly it’s my friends mom’s fault for having kids. I hope someone does the right thing and kills him and his mom so no more car accidents happen involving bikes. Really, it was the person who invented the bicycles fault because if they hadn’t ever invented bikes then nobody would ever get hit by a car. I hope you’re following my logic, y.[/quote]

Fuck off jackass. Your friend was reckless and irresponsible, and he lost. Now he has deal with it. I hope he can appreciate still being alive.

The fact that you insist on defending him reflects poorly on your maturity level and moral character atmo.

This is your bike, right? I see no brakes. I really hope you never ever get hit by a car, but if that ever does happen, I hope you realize it is because you are irresponsible enough to ride a bike without brakes.

I saw it happen, his chain came off the chainring and he literally had no control but to go into the intersection. My friend easily could have died, and you’re giving me a “life lesson.”

I will reiterate, this thread is not about placing blame or aguing or saying “get a brake.” So far, no one has tried to contact him and the police told me that in situations like this that they’ve dealt with, the drivers insurance takes car of damages to the car. Jacques, try to be somewhat personal and keep the negative comments to yourself for once.