HAMLETS

i recently broke a large helmet ratchet trying to snug it without a hat. now it only fits with one particular hat.

I don’t think there will ever be time where I do not wear a kask. They are just so good.

In this club. It’s one of the few cycling luxury items I wear.

Just measured my shaved head and it’s like 59-60cm as well. Guess that explains why my last medium helmet was such a close fit…

BTW does anybody have a suggestion on a commuter-type helmet with decent ventilation? I’ve been wearing a Giro Sutton for a while but realized I’m not doing myself any favors in the summer here. I’m looking at the Smith Portal but I’m open to suggestions!

The new Giro Agilis Mips is really nice and cuts a pretty low key profile for a very well ventilated helmet. I don’t know what defines a commuter helmet… but I do know what defines a very comfortable helmet for under $100 that isn’t super swoopy/pointy.

1 Like

Took a mental health day off yesterday and did a bunch of work / upgrades on my bikes. Also did a little arts and crafts with reflective stickers on my hamlets.
I always feel better after tinkering and crafting stuff.

image image image image

9 Likes

What’s the cool hamlet rn

My dream is something that takes cues from aero helmets without looking like a stormtrooper helmet. swoopy lines and ribs and all of that looks tired as hell at this point, but the alternatives are not exactly gorgeous.

I still want a catlike

1 Like

Cool helmets? no such thing. Either be free or be ok with looking like a semen.

3 Likes

1 Like

I like my poc octal air.

The new inexpensive POC thing is pretty darn nice @Andpoint_Endy has one.

New mid-tier Giro stuff has remarkably good fit and lines.

Kask still makes the best stuff though, the Protone and Valegro are still the two best helmets I have ever placed upon my dome.

I just picked up a Giro radix. Super happy with it so far for the price.

1 Like

Is giro officially off the banned list?

Yea I bought one and just kept kinda quiet about it.

Giro Manifest is really nice. Price is on par with full-face jawns, however, so wait for blow-out sale on Jenson or Competitive Cyclist.

Kinda looks like they glued two different helmets on top of each other, made me think about:

6 Likes

Browsing through the other Giro stuff, I find the Bexley that lists an “integrated rear light for added visibility”. Didn’t expect this: