Hey, Fookers -- aka, the pedal thread

I have $30 to spend on flat pedals for commuter/townie/offroady bike, which ones?

Probably vp vice from bezos

It’s right there in the thread title.

2 Likes

How many folx here have gotten fooked tho? I seem to recall one set of left pedals and one or two broken spindles.

New RaceFace is $35 and TAF.
Video for it is gruesome with photos of When Pedals Attack Shins.

Plastic traction pins don’t provide enough traction for trail riding, imo. I’ll probably get some for my commuter though, because they also don’t provide traction for pedal strikes on pavement.

They’re $50, but the OneUp pedals I got for my kid’s townie have been good.

One of my riding buddies uses them on his MTB with no complaints. Good wet and dry traction.

At the $50 price point I like:
iSSi Thump (metal pin version)
Bontrager Line Elite
Crankbrothers Stamp 1

Jury is still out on the OneUp composites (due to their convex profile)

Ya but which ones? There are like 5 models between 22 and 30. Is it just a game of pick your color/style?

including a new magenta colourway!

Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Green, Orange, Purple, Yellow, Turquoise, Pink

:expressionless: someone in the race face colourway dept needs to consult their swatch book

I recently got some scudgood pedals off amazon for cheap that so far seem totally fine. I’m personally a fan of plastic body and metal pins so I got them in squirrel orange. Haven’t had enough time on them to know if they’ll fook me though

Ah shit I should probably get these for my gf’s bike. I got her fookers and they seem fine but they look shreddy

They hired the Castelli designers. #tarckkitgate

3 Likes

Building a small stockpile of plastic Atac-alikes:

I fully expect that the lifetime of these mks things will only be in the range of 10,000 miles before the plastic bodies begin to disintegrate, but I may never need to buy cleats again.

1 Like

@Emor_please, the resident masher and breaker of frames, broke one, but I think that’s the only one. Other riders of substance are on them and they seem to be doing fine. I’ve been riding my pair for 6 months and they’re absolutely the best, but I am 135 lbs.

I’m a hair over 200lbs and my fookers are so far so good.
Of course, now I’ve doomed myself.

I spray painted the sole of my leather republic’s because of the stupid cream colored sole

Old Chester meets new Chester:

The all plastic chesters look like my next bmx pedal.

mmm those long pins