Hey, what's your Sundeal?

bikeshare bikes are the worst

my specific problem is that they’re all poorly maintained by a crew of chumps

i probably wouldn’t ride them much if i didn’t get free rides

i will say that keeping a massive fleet of shitty bikes well maintained is a unique challenge, but they suck even when theyre new so :person_shrugging:

1 Like

i was really just joking (i assume this was obvious) and i really love riding the bikeshare bikes because it means i get to ride a bike rather than…do anything else?

no no no- everything you said is generally true but there is enough organizational swell to keep most serious dangers off the road, at the expense of removing any veil of being remotely close to breaking even without major sponsorship (just like any public transit flavored mobility)

Can you not just rotate the basket 90 degrees?

I thought about it but it’s kind of a moot point now that I’ve stripped out one of the dropout rack mount braze-ons. This frame isn’t going to have a front basket at all unless I can figure that one out.

Yo we can just helicoil that B no problem.

Vintage Sundeal content. I think it’s a single speed, but it has a bottle dyno.

I think my dad bought it in Okinawa when he was stationed there.

12 Likes

@cracknfailbro or whatever ur name is: is this a non-lefty hooligan revamp? Or is it a rad power collab?

It ticks a lot of boxes like fenders, rack, wheel size, but those bars? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Those bars are sick. I’d definitely consider riding that if I could get a big discount on it.

1 Like

tarck group buy?

Would look 100% better with a negative rise stem

7 Likes

not cannondale here but this is pretty different from rad power. much lighter, less powerful, no throttle. its a fun bike tho and if i didnt have a katu-e i would cop this

1 Like

Well it’s definitely rad and it has power…

I like how low the seat could go, but something tells me the chainstays are too long for it to be shreddy

But probably long enough for it to feel like a bike instead of a shreddy toy.

2 Likes

Still have a few things upon which to dither. Been riding it to work though and absolutely loving it. Thanks @jimmythefly.

Dangler rubs the tire shifting into the 9th cog. Suppose I should try a 1.75inch tire. More tempting to bend the hanger.

12 Likes

dish the wheel more?

2 Likes

Probably enough clearance to put a 1.9inch tire on and dish it 3-4 mm. That might do it.