Hey, what's your Sundeal?

For info I was running 11sp XT with an 11-42 cassette and it cleared enough to ride, though in any real mud would have been interesting.

1 Like

I have an 11-50t cassette on it now…might be asking too much.

this clearance is one of the motivations behind the “8 of 10” or “9 of 11” e-bike drivetrains from companies like Box

they use modern chain tech, but with the big cog further outboard

2 Likes

I definitely have this issue with 12s on the dummy with 2.5” tires. Might suck it up and switch some box9 onto it.

Attn: small wheel enthusiasts who are missing some top end.
64 tooth 144bcd Sugino for $40

They also have this 61 tooth 130bcd jawn, if your crankset is more common.

5 Likes

showing me this website is violence.

5 Likes

Cool sundeal monsieur.
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/odyssee-terre-compact-carrier-bike-pedal-H5000837v03/?fbclid=IwAR0cO_VE2xH_IjpBkJkNgcODn-_JSDh7RgfsnjjwIP3UkYsj9A_xuuN5hhw&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

1 Like

shit fenders

You could get this 2018 manual Forester for less.

https://www.edmunds.com/subaru/forester/2018/vin/JF2SJAAC9JG607397/

Could also get a salvage title Porsche

2 Likes

Chonky e-Burro puts a smile on my face. Fenders, racks, tires, bars, seat height all hit the mark for me. Even the looptail is kinda cool

4 Likes

a steel Swift folder is back too with disc brakes

and a Brompton block headtube brazeon

2 Likes

What’s the overall review on the swift from you? It needed to be steel and with a front mount block?

How travellable is this precious bean?

Where are the written specs?

How fiscally irresponsible am !?

Oh no?

cathy_aaack.bmp

1 Like

when I was dithering mine into a cycletruck I had also bought all the Brompton spare hardware with the idea that it’d be the travel setup

but I never put the bosses on the front of the headtube, after all the deep dithering over the demountable cycletruck rack on two QR scraxles with 4 dropouts

the design is extremely “back of a small car” foldable

also does great at “it needs to technically fold for the rules of this train”

for travel it’s more “break it down into pieces to go in a duffel bag”

So should Ryan buy one?
I say yes!

1 Like

Can it be comfortably drop barred?

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, the swift is not Amtrak compatible

Also I’m starting to dither on this Bike Friday I’m gonna get. Has anyone run a shimano 12sp mtb derailleur on a 20” wheel? What 1x wide range derailleurs have y’all had luck with?

do you have any idea of tire width? big gears and long cage derders is playing with fire

I feel like @JUGE_FREDD or @Timarchylime have been down this road already