Hey, what's your Sundeal?

The wheels are v smol so your big cog doesn’t need to be as big. You can use a normal cage derder unless you plan on trying to climb 70% grades or something.

2 Likes

I did a tail hook lengthener and it was ok but the shifting was crap. Having the detailer close to the ground wasn’t a big deal unless you right really close to a curb on the wrong side of the street.

My current issue is with long fenders. The velo orange ones I have catch curbs if I don’t lift the front wheel when riding over them. It’s been an issue multiple times in the last year.

What size cassette are you thinking of running?

Thinking something like a 42 x 11-36. Microshift does the 38t cassette with their small wheel group. Just think it would be fun to use something much more Gucci.

1 Like

The version of the Zee dangler rated for a 36T cassette would probably work pretty great there, just gucci instead of Gucci.

I had an 11-36 9 speed cassette on my Katu with a 48T ring and it worked pretty well. Plans were to put a Zee on it, just didn’t happen before that bike got downsized.

1 Like

If I were smallbiking it I’d do something like a 48x11-34 and use a normal 105 pusherdangler. If I wanted to ball a lil harder then rival.

This is a flat bar bike?

1 Like

With a 20" wheel, 1:1 will get you roughly the same gearing as a 34x51 on a 29".

1 Like

I like low gears

Kinda want to do rival axs derailleur/cassette with a gx axs shifter. Would be pretty hilarious.

1 Like

the key clearance is between the lower cage pulley and the sidewall of the tire/rim, as it projects down between around 4 o’clock thru 7 o’clock on the wheel

they will eventually collide if the biggest cog is too far inboard, with too many teeth, and too wide of a rear tire

this is one of the reasons for “8 of 10” drivetrains like Box Four Prime 9 or SRAM EX1; there’s also a bunch of “9 of 11” sets from Box, Microshift, and now Shimano CUES

just making the chainline narrower and further out buys a lot, as does keeping the biggest cog to around ~42t max with matching chain capacity in the dangler cage

3 Likes

Big help, thanks.

Think I’ll go with Zee. Rival AXS would be really cool but this is also a bike that I want to fold up and throw places so maybe the fancy pants stuff can wait for another build.

BOX is pretty cheap, it also pops up on eBay a bunch

1 Like

They names the 8 speed group ‘9’!?

1 Like

along with several other irrelevant numeric identifiers in the name!

5 Likes

You just gotta bunny hop the whole curb.

3 Likes

Say it again, mortal

21 Likes

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO ON A TOPSTONE NEO

4 Likes

but thanks, i love it.

2 Likes

But what seatpost is that

4 Likes

I hope you ride that around the office instead of walking

5 Likes

All day.