Home built bike stuff

pro tip for anyone doing anything with shoe goo- use an ice cube to smooth it out!

10 Likes

Whoa!

I was going to use scrap leather but don’t actually have much chrome tan that would work well for this, so I might soak some in mink oil or whatever I can find

thanks skate homies! now if only i skated enough to need shoe goo anymore…

1 Like

It works well for repairing holes in saddles…

“Body is too similar to what you recently posted”

Wasn’t sure where to post this… so I started a new thread!

Figured cross-posting here was reasonable.

I made a mini toilet roll holder light mount for my front rack, which somehow doesn’t have any decent mounting options. Not expecting it to last longer than a few months coz the plywood is super soft and shitty. I’ll make a better one when it falls apart.

I think it makes my bike more organic and closer to nature atmo

14 Likes

Oh god.

3 Likes

Quick send a photo to grant!

6 Likes

Your wish is my command

33 Likes

illuminate with stick

7 Likes

I feel like they’re used to be a rando box bag plan floating around? Any have it or one they recommend?

I built a modified version of this one (via wayback machine, even the PDFs are archived!).

2 Likes

did you glue the screw into the stick?

That’s way nicer than the last stick mount Riv/Grant posted! Pretty sure that one was just a random long stick attached to a basket with hemp twine.

That is a wide variety of hardware! Can you please measure the vertical distance from fork eyelet to the top of your tire? trying to see if this might fit my Sundeal.

Tc I loved the stick tied directly to a basket “hack,” still makes me chuckle

1 Like

Link?

more bag questions,
do anyone know if the aluminum bar assembly that swift uses to mount the paloma to klickfix is made in house? its a very particular shape but i cant seem to find it via Klickfix

Googled “rivendell basket stick light mount”

Damn it’s way less elegant than my mental image

18 Likes