Home built bike stuff

illuminate with stick

7 Likes

I feel like they’re used to be a rando box bag plan floating around? Any have it or one they recommend?

I built a modified version of this one (via wayback machine, even the PDFs are archived!).

2 Likes

did you glue the screw into the stick?

That’s way nicer than the last stick mount Riv/Grant posted! Pretty sure that one was just a random long stick attached to a basket with hemp twine.

That is a wide variety of hardware! Can you please measure the vertical distance from fork eyelet to the top of your tire? trying to see if this might fit my Sundeal.

Tc I loved the stick tied directly to a basket “hack,” still makes me chuckle

1 Like

Link?

more bag questions,
do anyone know if the aluminum bar assembly that swift uses to mount the paloma to klickfix is made in house? its a very particular shape but i cant seem to find it via Klickfix

Googled “rivendell basket stick light mount”

Damn it’s way less elegant than my mental image

18 Likes

And it’s way more elegant than mine!

2 Likes

Image is broken.

I don’t know but I was able to find this for you. I’ll bet you’d be able to find it somewhere else too.

EDIT: There’s a Giles Berthoud part that looks very similar, it’s called the “klickfix handlebar fork.”

2 Likes

That is exactly what I was looking for

You now are the owner of 1 non transferable spaghetti-buck, redeemable for one beer or soda with spaghetti at a time to be determined

Thank you!

4 Likes

Whoooo SpaghBucks!

i didn’t even get one after finally shipping some panniers to him over a month after agreeing to do so! hot commodity!

in this economy there is only 1 spaghbuck!

5 Likes

some day… maybe when you see the extra two things i put in the box…

Thank u for mailing my guns back. More spagbucks will be mined

1 Like

Pro stand (or whatever they’re called) made from chainlink fence parts.

13 Likes