I went for a ride today and here are some photos

You right

Looks like a good angle. I was comparing it to my Beacon which may be too much. Think 24 might be the magic number if flare is your thing.

I’m liking them. I had Kona ltd 16 degree bars on before these. I find my self riding in the drops a lot more often with the cowchippers.

1 Like

dawnham/dadpatrol

14 Likes

Loving Tucson

12 Likes

Those bars look great. Some Bontrager thing?

Yeah, really like them. Came with the bike.

Bicycle shit has gotten expensive.

Pretty awesome shop ride today, my shoulder is feeling better but pulling up on handle bars still kinda sucks.

19 Likes

My workmate is away and he is storing his bike in his office while his house of being worked on. He said I could take it for a spin. I did, in my lunch hour. Cripes. It’s so slack I could barely pedal it up the narrow switchbacks, actually had to get off and walk one. I didn’t feel much drag from the gearbox but then the tires would have masked any of that, they are a bit heavy duty. The dropper post was real good. The brakes were very nice, but unfortunately, in non moto style, on a slippery as fuck DH course, I was not in my happy place. Plus I am a pussy. The shifting was complete ass. He needs to sort it out. It seemed to be resistant to changing gears under any kind of load and the only time I found all 12 ( I think ) gears was when rolling down the hill back to work. I’m sure this is not normal for this system. A shame, I was hoping to be wowed. EDIT. Its a Nicolai custom I think.

13 Likes

Slack bikes are a whole new world. Really have to transfer your weight into the bars and lean the bike into turns a lot. But when it clicks… dang. More like dirt surfing than riding a bike.

4 Likes

damn that looks sick, diamond is such a nice fork too

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never been on anything close to this, so it felt real weird. The uphill singletrack segment of this ride has been recently resurfaced so now it has a really pronounced crown which makes it a bit of a challenge even on my xc or gravel bike. Most of the time I was riding up the actual bank on the switchbacks.

10 Likes

Went to the weed store.

13 Likes

Great weed store bike

7 Likes

that’s kinda inherent to the gearbox experience

generally some of the shifts are rougher than others from the harder transitions between geartrains, and some of the specific gears will be a dog’s breakfast of inefficiency from having too many things engaged

for example a Rohloff simply cannot do the 7<->8 shift that’s right in the middle under even the slightest passive load, like you should backpedal for that one

I had no idea. I am sure it must be poorly set up as well. It was basically unusable. I never thought of back pedalling pre-shifting.

slushy ride home from the makerspace last night.

rear fender on front is the move. my feet didn’t get a drop of street wooder on them on a 2 mile ride.

yes that’s the carousel depicted in twilight zone episode “walking distance”

18 Likes

I rode bikes with friends! A whole Tarck century!

24 Likes

Sunday ride with a buddy who has moved into my hood, Brooklyn.

15 Likes