I went for a ride today and here are some photos

Went on our normal Sunday family MTB ride and ended out in a random MTB group ride. HY tandem train, got second fastest time on a downhill section I’ve ridden a ton on a single.

24 Likes

Two days of a mix of gravel, singletrack and really good roads.

The last is me doing my best ultraromance X bigfoot impression

22 Likes

really hoping all Sundays this summer go like the last two. Early solo ride or ride with fast friends then bump into chiller paced friends in the woods and drink beer and hit some trails then eat cheeseburgers.

21 Likes

Another beautiful day on the trails. I spent last summer learning bmx and barely went mtbing. Forgot how nice it is to just disappear into the woods for 6 hours.

18 Likes

Always forget that PA has 10 minute 30mph descents

17 Likes

20 miles around town with my coworker cause the gym was closed so we couldn’t bench

22 Likes

15 Likes

Saturday:

10 Likes

Met up with a homie that also just moved to town, ended up riding 20 miles checking stuff out. Got humbled by a couple hills but I don’t have the legs I used to. Only took a couple pictures at the Ballard Locks, the rest of the time was spent enjoying being on a bike again.

20 Likes

I enjoy reading/seeing you explore a city I lived in for ~15 years. The Germans probably have a specific word for the feeling, kind of like nostalgia mixed with the pleasure of seeing a friend enjoy something you also enjoy?

Anyhows, keep the posts coming!

9 Likes

I definitely will! There’s a lot for me to explore here!

1 Like

The bike cage at my office has a park tool stand and workbench with a truing stand on it and apparently a tool library. Pretty cool. Sure beats the all in one trail side stand thing at my apartment garage

21 Likes

nice doggy wall art, as well

3 Likes

The bike repair room is also the dog wash room lol

5 Likes

:dog2:

1 Like

Im in the bike repair room, Im in the dog wash room. Im in the combination bike repair and dog wash room.

19 Likes

From this weekend. Friends from Illinois came down and I drug them up and over a mountain.

Pisgah is a bit scary for me but I’m also running a 130/115 bike when everyone else seems to be 150+. And I’m not a good mountain biker. But hey, they’re the ones that drove down and wanted to ride there so I went along with it.

Views can be pretty though.

15 Likes

You’ll grow into it. I first rode Pisgah stuff on a 130/120 (old spec camber with RS pike) and it felt like a perfect bike. I mean, sure, more travel for more faster and gnar, but that really isn’t what a lot of those trails have. That trance can do a whole lot more than its travel numbers suggest (I had a trance advanced 29 and rode it pretty hard in central pa rocks).

1 Like

They have these cicadas in Vietnam that sound like a power tool. I never heard anything like it before. Makes our ones sound puny.

1 Like

First time in 5 weeks being outside the 28-38 degrees temperature range, man you can have it. 14 degrees and loving it. Back home in the Land of the long white cloud.

17 Likes