I went for a ride today and here are some photos

That’s like something from G.I. Joe or Star Wars.

Or Brutopolis.

I love it.

1 Like

The kid down the street had one of those. We were all so jelly. And he was that kid who wouldn’t take any of his toys out of their packages. BARRY. You little shit. You’re probably a millionaire now.

1 Like

Is that on Burke?

no, the tower is in Massachusetts:

Uploaded my photos from the BQ Unmeeting.
I didn’t really end up spending much time with the main group since we caught the later ferry to make the posted departure time of 9 am but by the time we got there everyone had departed. Ended up riding with Josh, Lee, Beau & Monica and eventually caught a few of the stragglers from the main group.

Full photoset here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/albums/72157699985250351

2 Likes

is that the tandem with the pushrod gorilla?

It looks like they have DT on that one.
Seeing that thing up close made me realize that I really like modern bicycles and no longer interested in riding vintage bicycles. They are fun to look at though.

Oh, yeah it does. I checked and the death-tandem is blue.

I’m mostly in the modern bike camp, but I’ve been riding that old 10sp raleigh around lately and it’s kind of charming.

Fuck DT shifting though.

Silverton sets the bar in my book.

9 Likes

Send it

this high alpine stuff is my favorite place to ride.

But would you rather DT shift over bar-end shifting?

Castle Rock mtb skills park. This bike does not like MTB skills.

2 Likes

I took my edgerunner off a skills park teeter totter, the fore-aft cg is NOT where I thought it was.

1 Like

Nah, I’m totally on board with bar-end.

Uploading…

Did a “cyclocross” “race” through some of Denver’s premier homeless camp/urban decay/abandoned construction areas on the endpoint.

There were some insanely fast people there, but the ditherer held it’s own. I was pretty fond of being able to pretty much roll over any obstacles and never having to dismount the bike while other people couldn’t get over/through stuff without dismounting.

Then I wrecked it on the way home like a jackass and scraped up my hydroshake pretty well. Dangit.

2 Likes

VLC snaps, where’s the video?

I can upload it if you really want, spoiler: I am slow.

Yes please, also I am slow, Is there a competition for slowness?

dfl got a whole six pack!