it wouldn't be tarck without a dyno thread

got my new wheel with shimano electro hub to replace my very, very squeaky SP hub.

it’s nice to not have a ton of extra resistance when I ride but, HOLY FUCK does the shimano have a ton of vibration, wowzers. way more than SP

also, I had the shop (fancy expensive coolbro shop) do the tape job and I think they fucked it up. i got the tire mounted with a floor pump but am getting a lot of leaking around the valve. that’s a tape fuckup right?

should I take it back to the shop or just tape it myself?

1 Like

Other than it being way more expensive, SON rackmount rear lights appreciably better, if at all, than a Secula?
Have heard rumor that they’re incompatible with IQ-x, fact or fiction?

my unscientific observation is that bigger lights work better for visibility. I don’t know if I’ve ever ridden behind on those jawns tho. anything is better than the various bare LED bulb lights out there

1 Like

Yeah, I very well may be getting vanity in the way of function, but saw this on IG was inspired:

I would say ignore the fork, but also don’t

5 Likes

This feels like it should have a supreme logo on it

4 Likes

Those carbon fenders tho

2 Likes

I was thinking the fork should be turned 180 degrees and the light should be a glowing meatball stuck on the tines.

6 Likes

SON rear light related, doesn’t someone make a fender mount bracket for these? My Secula is super janky

1 Like

I now see I wasn’t clear, I mean mounting to the fender mount on the drop out.

This is what I was thinking of

But I’ve seen nicer one before and just can’t remember where

Fairlight have one that they 3d print

Spendy though and it can break if your kid knocks your bike over etc

I prefer light mounts that are better protected.off the rear brake bridge is my location of choice right now.

Why are they bolting the brake mount in place?!

they make fender-specific versions with radius profiles for different widths https://www.bike24.com/p2249978.html

With the euro at par those prices are ridiculous!

1 Like

Pardon the dirty bike

I did this for $0 with a stainless rack strap

Unlike fender mounting, it stays put when you remove the fenders

7 Likes

I’d rather just 3d print it on my own but yeah that looks flimsy as hell

My friend broke his day 1 on his new secan.

1 Like

If I was feeling extra dithery, would it be a great or terrible idea to try and find a way to route my dynamo cable to my rear light through the cfr696 and drill a hole somewhere in the seatpost to let the cable out just behind the light?