it wouldn't be tarck without a dyno thread

Not enough nuts

I put the last one on after taking the picture but I can’t help you if you need more nuts than that.

For battery pack to E-Bike light setups like this what sorta headlight are people using? I’m thinking of ditching a dyno on an upcoming MTB build and going battery pack.

Strong opinions on current best value 100 x 12 mm TA dyno hubs?

Son, sp, or Shimano in 32h or 36h
Son or sp in 24 or 28

1 Like

Son are half price if you order from germany

3 Likes

It’s quick release but my SON and DT Swiss R460db wheel was like $330 from Bike24 and has been going strong without any truing for 5 years.

2 Likes

My 15x100 SP hub is working just fine but starting to make noises that I at first thought were caused by some debris in the rim. Anyway… I’m retiring it since I don’t want to fuss with a 15 → 12 adapter anymore.

Anyone want it? $10 to cover shipping and it’s yours.

4 Likes

How big a fuss is a 15to12 adapter? If it’s 32 hole I’m very interested.

28 hole.

It has a tube type reducer. Works fine on a spork. May not on some other forks.

I’m in no questions asked unless someone else had it already.

What’s the best value in dynamo light USB chargers currently? Looks like the Spanninga Nomad would be pretty decent if I can find one.

Nomad is an e-bike light

1 Like

There are 3 (that I know of) dynamo light/usb charger combos:
Luxos u
Axa luxx
Sinewave beacon

I have the first 2, I haven’t set up the axa on a bike and the third is sort of like the Paul components of dynamo lights: too expensive but available in colors.

I see this site:

Sez the spanninga nomad is a thing but I’ve never actually seen it

1 Like

I had a Luxx, it was pretty cheesy, but they’re discontinued anyway

This guy?

If that’s something Spanninga made for Trek then maybe, but Spanninga shows the Nomad as an ebike light and every other seller of that light is out of stock.

1 Like

I’ve been using the klite one since forever. Has supercaps built in for smoothing and a bit of caching but I don’t think it’s particularly cheap, although YDMV. Your dollar may vary.

I’m gonna roll the dice on it. If it works out, it’ll be exactly what I want. But I’m prepared to be disappointed.

2 Likes

Keep us updated

1 Like