it wouldn't be tarck without a dyno thread

Listed for wheel diameters 16-28” 6V-3W. Obviously the output wouldn’t be same across that diameter range at equal speed so what specific wheel diameter would that rating be applied to, I wonder. For my purposes even a 1.5W would do, so probably not an issue here.

$17 light showed up after 4 months lmao

5 Likes

Sw8 Cyo ripoff. Is that an ebay special?

1 Like

only 40 lumen but beam is nice, not as throwy as B&M

Does it have a standlight?

Nup which also kinda sux

1 Like

ooo yeah that’s a dealbreaker. I understand from a “cheap shit” perspective why they’d do that but I’d be pretty uncomfortable not to have a standlight shartmo

I bought some $12 ebay dynamo+tailight a couple winters ago and neither have a standlight, I ran it for my 1 mile commute on my snow bike but honestly not gonna go back, going invisible as soon as I pull up to a light sucks.

One of my Cyos has a dead standlight, so I switched it to my road bike which doesn’t see much stopping time. Tail light has a good standlight which is the main thing when stopped at traffic lights etc.

yeah i’ve got a secula on the back so it’s okay, i only got the cheapass light coz cyos are $170 here and i wanna flip this bike but i don’t have the heart to

Ugh just really don’t want to get killed by someone doing a sloppy left turn or anything like that (speaking as someone who has a cyo with a dead standlight).

1 Like

Real talk: does any b&m light have a good front starlight other than the tall one and the one with a battery?

Update for the knowledge pool!

3N80 rim brake hub with the T785 disc brake stator assy installed, locknut OLD still 100mm:

Differences: chromed locknut vs non chromed locknut, slightly different winding material.

Great Success!!

Bit of a struggle getting the old one out though:

11 Likes

there’s three:

1. old IQ Fly (the tall one)
  2. Cyo Premium 1752QSNDi
  3. Luxos U (with 100mAh battery)

The Luxor’s B has an okay stand light. Not the best but adequate.

Post can’t be empty

Not the neck beard variant tho

1 Like

edited for accuracy, following the other definition of neckbeard

I had this lamp and gave it to a buddy (along with a wheel) to baptize him into the dyno light and I regret getting rid of it

Hold your lamps close

1 Like

don’t hide them under a bushel