ITT: Tarck helps Face design a bike

Karate unit
By tarck llc

Oh shit, I forgot the most important part!

What color…?

Black or not black

Black is the second worst color for a bike. I will never own a black bike given the choice of any other color.

I’m thinking orange could be cool, I’ve always wanted and never had an orange bike. I have the option of getting it powder coated so I could really choose any color under the sun.

Or, go stupid with Montana cans and some 2k automotive clear.

1 Like

I think your design direction has changed, but someone on the PNW mtb parts FB group is selling a Jones Unicrown forkthat is 76mm offset, for $150.

Downside is 150x15 thru axle.

Oh yea, my design direction just hit that Bern like brraaaaaap!

Here’s my colorway inspiration so far

14 Likes

Maybe final geo. Decided to build some cheaper wheels so I can get a carbon boost fork. It’s got a 500a-c rather than the 483 of the other non-boost fork. I estimate it’ll slacken everything by just under a degree and raise the bb by around 8mm. If it’s any more than that I’ll modify the front end to accommodate the longer fork and then it’s ready to go.

1 Like

Woah, how did I miss the creation of this thread?

I will be the buildeur of this frame.

7 Likes

I’m also interested in a similar frameset, about a 1/2 size smaller, 785 saddle height

OK, if we’re doing a run we need to come up with a name. I was thinking ‘dirt ditherer’

3 Likes

It might even be 3, I’m seriously considering making one for myself.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Dark blue paint, white decals, yellow and red stripes going down the top tube and seat stays, wrapping across the front of the head tube.

fuck that’s good

so good

Light blue with white/black outline decals, Green yellow orange stripes

1 Like

It’s too bad cutting vinyl into those rainbow letters would be the suckiest thing ever to weed and apply. I would just do that over a solid metallic color and be happy for ever.

1 Like

And let the dithering continue.

I’m going back to my original color/livery idea. Found this cool picture and I want to use the details in these stripes on the ends of mine.

0002034_kamei-decals-stickers-set_550

Top tube will have three stripes along the top, three stripes going along the side of the down tube with SENKO spelled out in negative space. Then something along the seat tube but not sure what, maybe just three stripes going around the circumference about 1/3 down from the top tube. All this over white. I don’t know what to do with the stays, leave them plain or try to add some color.

Looking at some vintage Toyota liveries makes me think that maybe you could do the fork and head tube in the darkest color, then use the stripes to transition to white for most of the frame and stays. With the seat tube all white you could add three fat diagonal stripes encircling the middle.

1981_Toyota_Pick_Up_Truck_SR5_4x4_For_Sale_Front_1

8 Likes