Juan Pelota Finally Caves

Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack-Leopard) denied alleged links to Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor at the center of Operación Puerto, on Friday. On Thursday, rumors spread after a Tyler Hamilton interview that he was “Luigi” in Fuentes’ list of code names.
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/cancellara-denies-fuentes-ties_274314#MrVEWv0rOAd4v68s.99

Hilarious to see Lance poke fun at Trek over it. There were rumors that Luigi was actually Thomas Dekker. He had a response to Lance…

Fabs gettin’ no respect.

Good to see that Lance is the same narcissistic sociopath he always has been.

yup. with as much shit as he talks on twitter he must be on constantly just waiting for every opportunity to try to bring other people down.

Lance was and is a douche. But he’s far from the biggest in international sport…

2017 may be the year I boycott paying any attention to all but the grassroots.

Skateboarding is in the Olympics for 2020.

Just, you know, prepping you guys for those doping non-scandals.

[quote=ryanoceros]Lance was and is a douche. But he’s far from the biggest in international sport…

2017 may be the year I boycott paying any attention to all but the grassroots.[/quote]
The article doesn’t even mention wrestling, which was perhaps the worst. There were multiple instances of brazen cheating in the wrestling tournament. Some judges admitted afterwards that they were told “X needs to win his match against Y”. Some judges quit in protest at being told to manipulate matches.

Edit: not that this is all that new. There was brazen cheating during the olympic games in ancient greece. Paying off judges, paying off opponents, you name it. When there is a lot on the line shit happens.

[quote=Wintage Townie]Skateboarding is in the Olympics for 2020.

Just, you know, prepping you guys for those doping non-scandals.[/quote]

Didn’t this already happen with snowboarding?

As we suspected, they’re all frauds.

What were the TUEs for?

popcorn.gif

I’m kind of glad this came to light? ever since I read into the Atlanta Olympics I’ve been kind suspicious of dominant American athletes

and lol @ the kremlin saying “there is no doubt this was a Russian act” or something to that effect.

id also be curious to know what the TUEs are for. I’d bet it’s a lot of cortisone and that veterinary pain killer I can’t remember

Here you go.

Amphetamines, steroids, even an opioid. Ooh-la-la!

A TUE for a corticosteroid or whatever for a 9 day period two years ago.

BFD?

Also, people see “corticosteroid” and think “steroid”, which of course, is bullshit.

Sure, not the right type but marginal gains yo.

For 9 days in 2014?

I see nothing especially controversial in that document except possibly for Biles’ TUE for Ritalin, but, you know, maybe she’s been diagnosed with ADHD and now the world knows this? If she were looking for a true performance enhancement, then a TUE for Adderall might be more effective.

i would be completely shocked if serena williams hasn’t doped at at least one point in her career. tennis testing is a farce. i have no idea about biles.

I wouldn’t be shocked if any athlete, professional or amateur has doped. No need to single these out for their TUEs which seem legit.

yeah it’s not really that interesting. tues for cortisone janws and attention deficit meds can’t be that rare or controversial… even with biles - she posted this on twitter

I would agree most of this seems prett legit. not as juicy as I hoped tbh

What is disturbing is that we’ve collectively decided that athletes don’t deserve privacy.

Disturbing? Maybe. Not surprised or shocked. What was hacked seems to be small beans. Best to not get too focused on something that tells very little about the big picture of doping in professional and amateur sport in the modern era. There could be a fire somewhere in the middle of this smoke, but you’d have to listen to the questionably informed rabble on Twitter for a while to flesh out who knows what from the typical kooky comments. I’d look to Ross Tucker, Paul Kimmage, Steve Magness, David Epstein, Victor Conte, etc. and see if they’ve chimed in with anything relevant. I’ve been too busy. Guess I could go check now…

This seems relevant:

Certainly didn’t seem to hurt: