Juan Pelota Finally Caves

Yeah. I think it would be foolish to think it’s only the Russians doing it at this level. I gotta say the podcast on cycling tips.com with the guy that did the doco didn’t do him any favours. Worth a listen tho. It is quite long.

yeah totally

I think it’s a must watch before the Winter Olympics in South Korea in February.

Fucking salbutamol

I cant see how a team that dwells so close to the edge of all the “grey areas” could be so far out with their dosage.
Just one of the points they make here. Some good quotes at the bottom from well-known dopers offerring advice via their twitter feeds too.

At this point I will only be mad if Mathieu van der Poel is juicing.

Same

[quote=cousinmosquito]I cant see how a team that dwells so close to the edge of all the “grey areas” could be so far out with their dosage.
Just one of the points they make here. Some good quotes at the bottom from well-known dopers offerring advice via their twitter feeds too.
http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/[/quote]

Gah, fuck this article.

It’s fucking salbutamol. Shouldn’t even make the news.

[quote=halbritt][quote=cousinmosquito]I cant see how a team that dwells so close to the edge of all the “grey areas” could be so far out with their dosage.
http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/[/quote]

Gah, fuck this article.

It’s fucking salbutamol. Shouldn’t even make the news.[/quote]
Its funny how when they run a lot of tests on particular drugs, they cant find an actual performance enhancement. I guess if you really were asthmatic there would be a real advantage.

You guys saw these linked in that article, right? I was skeptical too, but seems oral dosing has results not seen when inhaled.

Considering it’s a threshold drug with a specific level of permitted use that’s been in place for a number of years and only a handful of people have been tripped up by it, yeah it shouldn’t even make the news. But you have an experienced champion elite athlete making a rookie mistake and hoping it will just go away. And the most well funded team in the sport able to keep it out of the news for almost three months until they admitted it moments before it was to be made public? I don’t care if there’s a proven enhancement or not. Fuck Froome and Sky.

They’re the ones still trying hard as fuck to make a buck off of the fact that Santa and the Easter Bunny still exist. How are they not just like the current Republican leadership boldly telling lies that only benefits the powerful while duping just enough voters poorly educated for over a generation to vote against their interests? How are they any different than Putin running a state sponsored doping program to hijack an Olympics for political gain? Rupert Murdoch has found the best green wash for his bullshit. I’m not going to complain if they can only get Al Capone on taxes.

froome just blocked me on twitter so i think i’m doing it right.

X posted to bro-cycling as well…

Occam’s razor people… most likely answer is he pushed the limits with the puffer he had a TUE for. Inrng has what seems to be a pretty reasonable take on it.

I see no reason to suggest Sky is “clean” but a bag of blood in final 1/4 of the Vuelta? Come on. The risk of getting a hit on jacked blood values is about as high as taking EPO (especially because these days they know exactly what a bag of blood looks like near the end of a grand tour).

Amateur as fuck. Especially considering it’s the Vuelta not LeTour.

I just don’t see Sky/Froome taking that particular risk.

Now it’s use as a masking agent for something newer / harder to test for / more sinister? Sure. We can go down that conspiracy rabbit hole.

If it is an effective masking agent for something new, then that would be more the Sky MO. Get a TUE for a masking agent. The near perfect crime.

Over half the peloton has a TUE for this stuff. Marginal gains… not wanting to fall behind… exercise induced asthma… whatever.

I don’t get the hate for Sky more than any other team. They are not the only ones acting like angels, they are not the only ones flying close to the sun with Sub and they are not the first to get popped.

Now, if the UCI and WADA let this slide when they hit guys like Pettachi for the same thing, that’s something to get butt frustrated about.

Or their ability to buy up enough talent to isolate guys like Nibali before the race has started. That’s bad for the sport.

I hate pro cycling.

I get annoyed with it… but it’s better than sportsball at least.

Bikes vs Balls:
It honestly seems like the same shit, different venue. I’m probably looking at this through rose colored lenses, but the big pro teams of our day seem more intensively and strategically managed than, say La Vie Claire or Molteni or whoever. The biographies and sport histories I’ve read make pro racing sound pretty shambolic until like, the Festina affair / EPO era.

brightly colored bikes moving through pretty scenery

I never singled out Sky for any particular amount of criticism. They’re all cheating and Sky got caught. Sucks to be them. The sport sucks and is dying and this will hasten its death.