Mig muses on 2 wheels

Fat bike? 150. Mountain bike? 110. Idk what this 135 garbage is. It ain’t 2009 Surly.

2 Likes

It’s always 2009 at Surly.

12 Likes

Wait is jones’ fork now 150?

Pretty sure it’s 150

I can’t decide if I want a jones or a tour divide bike

Jones plus that narwhal bar thing IS a tour divide bike?

But really we know you should just get a Karate Monkey.

10 Likes

To confirm: there was a reason I should not get the EC90SL cranks and it’s because fussy assembly and ultimately creaky and problematic right?

1 Like

If you’re thinking of my total rage about this a month or so ago:
it was not the cranks for the most part.

If you’re going to get them, get the Cane Creek alu preload collar, the plastic one that comes with the cranks is shit

Don’t get an Easton / Raceface bb, they struggle to supply the correct components. Cane Creek Hellbender is midpriced but functional.

I think the crank attachment mechanism is stupid, but then everything is compared to Hollowtech.

finally, confirm that you have the tools for the bb and the direct mount spider before diving in.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder

For todays dithering:

I think a lot about the first ahearne bike - IIRC there was a 29/24 all terrain cycle truck from like 2013-14 and this was either it or similar.

I also think a beefy af raleigh chopper would be cool with a cargo capacity if the geometry was dialed.

Long chainstays to place the seat supports inside the axles would probably solve the wheelie problem the mk2 choppers had.

Of course adding a pinion or some kind of battery would make it less sweaty for the driver but now your Fopper weighs a solid 40lbs.

2 Likes

what would be the benefit of 24 over one of the 20s

Not sure. I have a 20 so if I built something it would probably be that. iIRC the bike was jumbo sized

1 Like

Ok
Folks with 160 rotors
I’m looking for another rotor to modify to fit this thing.

2 Likes

Also let stalk about lightweight durability

I want the most durable and light chain and cassette - any number of cogs 8-11(12?) to be shifted by downtube. What should I buy?

Josh Portner (Silca guy) often says the materials advances made in newer generations DO NOT get backported to older gens, so 11/12s chains last longest, and the rest of the drivetrain goes as the chain goes

4 Likes

Ok, which dangler has the most cable pull?

@LASER_BEIGE your dream is alive and well in the world

2 Likes

Tbh needs a front dick brak

I really want that… Frame.

That price I comical.
It’s pretty dumb of crust to not put disk tabs on that fork atmo.

2 Likes