Mig muses on 2 wheels

I want an adult chopper with a 29x24 and the giant wald on the front

2 Likes

wouldn’t that be a 49’er?

1 Like

I keep seeing these wheels and avoiding buying them to create a funny bike.

Those would be just the thing for my xtracycle (except I’d need to dismantle the front wheel and put a dynohub into it.)

which way though?

4 Likes

A few future DQs

How far are road bikes from 110/148 standard?

How much tire can you feasibly get in ANY FORK with 370AC? That is, how much fork crown is just enough to support a blade with a disc mount?

in theory, 370 - (622/2) = 59 minus the crown height equals your vertical clearance
Sheldon says the rim comprises approx 30% of the tire section diameter, which implies vertical clearance / 0.7 equals max tire size - but this doesn’t pass a logic check beyond 25-28mm or so

if you have a skinny crown like this Pacenti where the crown height is maybe 25mm that should at least fit a 32mm tire

Mash all road fork states 700x35

1 Like

I think for a traditional road crown like a Pacenti you’re going to be more limited by width between the legs; maybe mash made theirs wider to fit a 38

Looks to me like a Chinese/Taiwan fork

That crown looks like a Henry James knockoff.

1 Like

That pacenti PBP crown will fit a 50mm tire - although you’ll start to lose the paint on the inside of the fork blades if you ride in the mud.

1 Like

The Pacenti MTB crown is even wider (74mm)

does the MTB crown have a similar ~25mm crown height? if so you could get a 55-60mm tire with 370ac in theory

I don’t think it’s quite as stubby at the crown as the PBP (or Artisan, if you want to abandon width for sexy) is. I could buy one and check, but who’s going to buy a fat tire bike with a 1" steertube (other than me)?

this is all an academic exercise at this point to max out the tire in a 370 disc fork

Pacenti MTB crown is 24mm tall and comes in 1 1/8

2 Likes

The Bob Brown crowns could be 20mm tall (same inside width) if you’re clever how you do the crown seat.

Yes, but as a general rule I’m sticking with 1” steertubes & if I buy a crown I’ll want to keep my deadender collection pure

Earlier in the year I had a buddy do a tune up on my bike because I didn’t have any time and I just sent him these photos

:colbert: