New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Do we have our first Guinea juge?

is the sleeve integral to the bearings thought?

I’d try but it 110 is oos and that’s what I need.

1 Like

i’m less interested in the drivetrain, but the brakes from that group caught my eye. trickstuff lever/hope caliper lookalikes. there’s a mtbr thread about them that is interesting

there’s always been a part of me that wants to do a full build with a no-name frame and a bunch of parts like these (probably exceptions for suspension, but go marz or DVO or something) just out of morbid curiosity and to troll the world

2 Likes

lots more bottom biscuits in china

looks like it’s an independent part in between standard radial cartridge bearings

but if the cups bottom out on the sleeve first, that would mean it that the bearings don’t get preloaded against the shelf on the spindle

1 Like

On you samples could you tell if the “cup” part that threads into the frame was steel or aluminum?

Do the half price batteries work half as well?

1 Like

you get 6/12 gears, you get to choose which ones

alternately, you get all the gears but only half the time, you don’t get to choose when it works and when it doesn’t

OR you get all the gears all the time, but each shift is up or down at random. it’ll shift, you just don’t know which direction

Old and interesting bike parts.
My buddy picked up a 2nd hand Open which was practically a barn find. It polished up really well. It’s post mount and the original fork has the 15 mm TA. The rotor is 180 ! Dang. I bet he never even takes it offroad. His is the Orange.

I guess these guys were the early adopters of the flat colour schemes that are on all the cars currently eh? The CMYK colours are interesting. Very basic numbers.

5 Likes

Soma has a new slightly less wide bar similar to the Sim Works ramble bar if you’re curious about those and want to spend 60% less.

3 Likes

Man, soma is really throwing shit at the wall with of their bars. wtf is this about?

1 Like

seems like all they need to do to turn it into a true classic is to make a slightly wider rounded section in the front, and curve the ends of it all the way back. Who knows, it might even resemble some thing as common place as some form of facial hair. actually, why doesn’t somebody make the beer at the bar? It could basically be a big plate of aluminum or something with 1 million different places and angles to put your hands.

1 Like

can you… actually use the brakes on that setup? won’t the brake lever run into the straight grip section way early in the brake travel compared to on a drop bar?

1 Like

dozens of interruptor levers and none of them work

2 Likes

Shifting?

blips. lots of blips

1 Like

hold down an interruptor lever to stay in the big ring

hold down a different set of interruptors to stay in a big cog

as a treat, maybe some of them have “parking brake” buttons

also need levers for cable actuated kickstand deployment, dropper post, dropper stem, ortlieb bag hook ejection, and a bell

4 Likes

Launch control for bikes!

2 Likes

Full suspension road bikes will have ride height devices

3 Likes