New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Rumor in the biz is the Quarq guy is very jealous and hates any other power meters and does everything he can to squish em. Maybe not the best example.

SRAM already had Quarq, there’s not really a need to have two power meter brands. They didn’t already have a bike computer brand (AFAIK anyway).

2 Likes

powertap was failing before they got bought. quarq probably just wanted to snatch up some intellectual property.

3 Likes

This is exactly what happened.

Let’s not forget Powertap was actively trying to move away from hubs to their power chainrings.

All SRAM did was finish the job.

I really, really hate this but y’all with garage doors might feel differently

2 Likes

i love it only because they used this photo and i had forgotten about how these cranks are the sickest

17 Likes

Mavic starfish cranks, yeah!? I really wanted some for my sweet fixie back in the day.

1 Like

with the deltas to tie it together!

NGL if there was like a mini Bluetooth task specific zwift keyboard with like 8 buttons that was sweatproof I would buy it

4 Likes

The dumbest part of my day is having to get off my bike then walk inside then go into the garage to open the door then put the bike in the garage then close the door so I can go back inside.

All because my little entry way hall is too small to maneuver a bike through to get to the garage.

4 Likes

Uncle Jeff shows a bunch of programmable small keypads, but the waterproof one I found is corded, and the wireless ones don’t say anything about waterproofing.

1 Like

I just use my phone.

One of my clutch moves used to be using a garage door opener in the little glove box on my ST1100 to open the garage door and then roll into my garage without stopping. This was nice because my driveway is kinda steep and you have to stop and get off the motorcycle at the bottom of the drive otherwise. (now that I’ve reorganized my garage to reflect that I never ride motos this doesn’t work one bit)

This is not a problem with a bicycle. Put the keypad next to the garage door and don’t put a stupid button on your bike.

5 Likes

I keep my opener in the little mesh pocket on the outside of my handlebar bag.

1 Like

Ooooh I want that. Might motivate me to get a garage one day.

2 Likes

i just keep a 4 digit combo in my brain. but i do get tempted to smart up the joint so i can confirm that yes, i sure fucking did close the thing behind me, and despite watching it close the whole way, nothing snuck in there to not let it close when i closed it and watched it close.

1 Like

the comments share that he’s overly fixated on the bearings, and that they’ve had bad experiences with the Chinese 54t ratchets being garbage

3 Likes

paging @EndpointBraden- I think this would be a liner i would try on 650x48. ive always felt like i like the tire size but that it’s too high volume for mostly road/gravel type shens. thoughts? 50g is a very stomach-able weight to add

1 Like

no 650?

actually the regular mtb version is not delivered in a loop and you trim and join it with a zip tie so they can probably be cut down