platform pedalsss?

I liked the magnesium Xpedos I had on the XCheck for a minute before going clipless. I’ll sell 'em if someone wants them.

I nearly died once bunnyhopping a speed bump at >30mph on clipless pedals. I came unclipped unexpectedly. Platforms are, well, different. Becoming accustomed to lifting the bike with the clipless interface rather than scooping your feet properly can really kill your bunnyhopping ability.

Maybe one day I’ll give back to tarck by making an instructional video. Would be hard to make it un-lame though.

Why not plain old/cheap MKS touring pedals?

They’re not really cheap and not as good as bmx platforms or even GR9s.

[quote=walrus][quote=sN3Aky2d0p3]which ones you like?

i’ve seen the kona wah wah pedals and they’re pretty nice looking: thin, nice bearings.
[/quote]

i think these + hold fasts may be my next pedal choice.[/quote]
thissss

They’re not really cheap and not as good as bmx platforms or even GR9s.[/quote]

I don’t like GR9s at all. $30 is not cheap?

Nope. Not compared to $10-15 platforms that are actually good.

[quote=FaYgO fAyGo FaYgO fAyGo FaYgO fAyGo][quote=walrus][quote=sN3Aky2d0p3]which ones you like?

i’ve seen the kona wah wah pedals and they’re pretty nice looking: thin, nice bearings.
[/quote]

i think these + hold fasts may be my next pedal choice.[/quote]
thissss[/quote]

You are pretty much the new Sol.

They’re not really cheap and not as good as bmx platforms or even GR9s.[/quote]

I don’t like GR9s at all. $30 is not cheap?[/quote]

yeah, you can do better.

i got a pair of XT platforms AND a pair of XC comps at the swap today!!! sofa king stoked. $20 each pair. bearings are smooth as shit on all of them. so stoked.

[quote=biekridder]brooklyn machine works shinburgers.

not sure if they are still made anymore.[/quote]

Those were sooo badass. Not made anymore. I couldn’t afford them for my cruiser back then. Also wanted their brake booster too.
I think I saw a really similar looking pedal recently.

[quote=wickedwagon]Man, hearing people have trouble bunny hopping on platform pedals is kinda weird coming from a bmx background.

Because I grew up on bmx, i’m usually the only one on rides bunnyhopping pot holes/roadkill. not sure if I look cool or silly, but it’s fun as fuck, which is what matters.[/quote]

Same. Well… I avoid any height when on road bikes, but I’ll hop holes, cracks, train tracks, small gate guide rails.
I’ve been meaning to throw my egg beaters on my BMX just to see what it feels like… pretty sure I’ll kill myself though.

Awesome.

lulz at icp bike era screen names