Poopbarning: not pukebacking like they used to thread

Thanks for the offer but we should be ok for the weekend. We’re heading up to Winter Park, we’re gonna park in town then ride as far up Vasquez Rd (dirt) as we can until we hit the Vasquez Peak Wilderness Area (no bikes allowed) and then camp close to there. The rear-front rack should suffice for this weekend. I want to get her into either a salsa anything cradle or something else with rigid standoffs.

Going out for the night tonight to try and finish what I started last weekend. It’s supposed to be perfect weather so not even taking a tent. Gonna ground sleep.

[quote=that guy]e-poopbarning?

[/quote]

Pinion pooping?

[quote=mdilthey]There’s a Manga artist on Instagram that draws bikepacking rigs. I’m not big into Manga, but this is cool shit!

https://www.instagram.com/concrete.road/[/quote]

never mind the gearbox/motor there’s a fucking open laptop strapped to the loop of a jones bar

Nintendo 3dsXL

:bear:

I really wanna try that drybag/hipbelt collab using an old army surplus MOLLE hipbelt. Looks pretty neat.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Nintendo 3dsXL[/quote] gotta catch em all!

poopbarning didn’t happen this week, drove up to where we were gonna ride out from, massive cloud inversion coming into Winter Park, once we got to the trailhead it was zero visibility, rain, cold as fuck, and generally shitty. We car camped instead, and did a little bit of riding up at the top of Rollins Pass.

The only part of the drive in where it didn’t rain, we are driving toward the cloud.

This is what it looked like around the trailhead. I probably could have forced myself to pack up and ride, but I’m kind of glad that the other people didn’t want to.

Day 2 wasn’t bad, but notice the lack of camping gear on this bike :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Next time I see this view, we’ll have actually poopbarned in like we were supposed to.

I convinced a couple of the others to sleep outside too. Felt like a little kid again having a slumber party.

Pretty good weekend of riding, except most of the roads out there don’t have shoulders to speak of.
Best part was the home-made pies we had delivered to the campsite from a little old lady.

That looks awesome

Awesome pics, folks!

@capn I am jealous. only have poopbarned once this year :frowning:

Going on a 1 night quick poopbarn this week, just to get out of the city. Super light, no shelter, no cookware. Grabbing a burrito or two on the way out of town.

So this has me thinking. I have 6 bikes. Two track bikes, gunnar cross bike, natureboy fenderbike, Giordana road bike, and Soma Wolverine. I pretty much only ride the track bikes and the gunnar. I’m never going to go on some two week adventure on the Wolverine and I’m unlikely to go on road rides on the giordana. I’m thinking I should sell the gunnar, the wolverine, the giordana, and the natureboy. Take the money and buy a nice cross/adventure bike with two wheelsets, one for road one for dirt. The reason I’m not keeping the gunnar is it actually has pretty small tire clearance and it’s canti.

My first idea was the Giant TCX because I can get them for dirt cheap considering the builds. They’re everywhere. But they’re a bit too racy. I want something light, I’ve only ever owned steel bikes with big heavy dumb components and wheels so I figured it’s time to treat myself. The problem with alloy and crabon bikes is pressfit bb which I don’t know if I can stomach.

All those things considered, what should I do?

These are the bikes I’ve considered. Leaning heavily towards the Raleigh because my best friend is doing some frame design work for them and can get a fucking mad hookup.

Raleigh Stuntman (only steel on the list)
Niner RLT 9 (all-road geo, really like this one)
Giant TCX (cross geo)
Ridley X-Trail (also cross geo)

Endpoint isn’t on your list
Pretty sure you can get big 700c and 650b on the one with a beer can headtube. That said, you could also get the low trail fork and a carbon fork.
So
I vote endpoint

https://rideendpoint.com/collections/frontpage/products/2017-coffee-grinder-pre-order

Add:
Low trail fork $250
Carbon fork $250
Carbon 650b dynamo wheels ~$850
Dt350 alloy 700c wheels ~$500
Porteur rack $ask Orc

And for the love of god get TA

I’d get an endpoint but I’m leaning away from steel and quite frankly it’s way out of my budget.

wut

Literally Anyone: “Hey I’m looking at these 1-1.5 bong bikes. What should I get?”

Mig (100% of the time): “Build a 3 bong endpoint”