Post pictures of your bike mess *NOT SAFE FOR ARTBLUR*

Wtf is that shit

No fucking way would I work at or get my bike serviced by that place.

just posted to instagram but initially took the photo for tarck. Went to put away a set of pedals and realized I might have a problem.

Would I be correct in assuming that there is not a single thing wrong with any of those?

loose springs, blown pins, etc. You can see the pile of parts to the left.

The two yellow pedals I took off (top right, mid-bottom left) were okay. I got them at a swap for $5 but one side of the drive side pedal was loose. The other 3 springs were as tight as a brand new set but one loose spring was fucking me up, especially for working all day. I’d rather be consistent and ride slightly loose pedals all around.

You can see a couple bodies in there with no springs. I definitely search out donor parts.

I solved all my Time ATAC problems by using Shimano SPD.

QFT

My wife is on them, and luckily hasn’t had any real issues with them.

I don’t trust shimano spds on a track bike. I don’t know anyone that does, honestly.

I don’t trust shimano spds on a track bike. I don’t know anyone that does, honestly.[/quote]
This was my logic for using atacs for many many years. Then I got a bike with brakes and a set of spd’s.

I’ve never, ever accidentally unclipped from shimano SPD pedals riding fixed, but I could be lucky.

here’s my bike + empty moving boxes mess i’m currently trying to organize:

My messbro friend won’t run SPDs on any tarck bike, even though we recently convinced him to get a brake.

He even got the bianchi celeste ATACs to match his '92 pista. It’s actually pretty sw8.

I absolutely have, and it’s fucking bullshit when it happens.

Do most people tighten their SPD float as they wear down their cleats? I can’t ever seem to remember to experiment but lately I’ve been popping out on a pair of well worn Terraduros.
Maybe this post will help me remember.

The main reason I haven’t messed with it yet is because I have two bikes with SPD pedals and two different SPD shoes at opposite ends of the wear spectrum.

I’ve popped out of SPD compatible non-shimano pedals, but the good old M520 has never let me down

YMMV (your mileage must vary)

Good to see another bike mess ITT.

Here’s mine while I figure out how to rid myself of half of my belongings so it’s no longer a mess.

While I’m definitely not happy one of my bikes got stolen I gotta say, it’s really opened up a lot of room in my apartment.

Room for another bike!

I was already thinking of selling some of my bikes. I have 7. This just confirmed it. One of the bikes (the giordana) is already spoken for, just gotta wait for the cash. The wolverine is going. I might keep the gunnar. Honestly at the end of summer I’d like to be down to 3 bikes including the bullitt.

Has anybody used anything like this to manage your bike mess?

If so, did it work? Bend your wheels?

Yes, didn’t bend the wheels, but sometimes the whole thing would get bumped and it was a mess.