Post pictures of your bike mess *NOT SAFE FOR ARTBLUR*

[quote=wesbarf]Has anybody used anything like this to manage your bike mess?

If so, did it work? Bend your wheels?

[/quote]

It’s frustratingly adequate. It doesn’t work well with rear fenders. The front disc rotor touches the entry “long-U” for bikes with smaller wheels or narrower tires. You’ll need to figure out the best setup between rear fender’d, flat bar, and drop bar bikes (if you have more than two bikes [who doesn’t??]). Once you have all that dialed in (or alternately, dgaf), it’s fine. No bent wheels in the almost 4 years of using them in the shed. I’m sure there are better solutions, but it’s just fine. It’s fine.

I’ve never used one at home, but all of this style that I’ve used in public or in shops have led to frustrating experiences. No damage though.

They work. So do pallets if you cut em right.

i’m using these since they’re adjustable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F0E2TAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works with every bike, except my trek with fenders and tubus tara – they both interfere.

Anybody seen the stands that have a thing that sticks into the hollow spindle of some modern cranks? Those look cool.

def looked at those until I realized it wouldn’t work with any of my bikes

also seems frustratingly adequate. fuck trying to thread the needle to make your bike not fall over

Nate zukas (of zukas cycles) has a stand that is just a baseplate and a short piece of steel with a spd cleat welded to it.

There’s also the stand that is just a baseplate and a slot for the crank arm to slide into.

Crank arm stand looks awful.

SPD cleat stand seems too good to be true, except for bikes without clipless.

I’m gonna try the one from the amazon link and see what happens.

[quote=TimArchyLime]Nate zukas (of zukas cycles) has a stand that is just a baseplate and a short piece of steel with a spd cleat welded to it.

There’s also the stand that is just a baseplate and a slot for the crank arm to slide into.[/quote]
So you have to step on the base plate to steady it and then lift and twist the whole bike to get it off? Getting it to click in is prolly a bit of a struggle too esp. if you have your springs set up firm. Sounds more like a goofy drunken project than a practical idea.

Yeah, spd sounds way worse than the through the crank ones.

My work has a shitty 4x bike stand and I submitted a request to purchase this one which is slightly less shitty looking and not too many doll hairs.
Still have not heard back from when we hit our peak of 5 bikes by some miracle. I should be thankful for indoor parking regardless and I don’t want to push my luck.

http://a.co/2gXIWf7

TBH, I think Nate only uses the spd stand for displaying bikes for photoshoots.

I like those stands that hold the bike up with the little fork that goes between the spokes and the frame on the rear wheel.

We use that type for window or narrow ledge display bikes at the shop. I like them a lot of that but they’re finnicky to use often.

I thought you were talking about these things, but on second thought I don’t think so.

I just bought this thing. I’m gonna finish a wall in my basement to hang it on.

This thing was advertised to me on IG today

↑ liking that solution.

[quote=cheese]I thought you were talking about these things, but on second thought I don’t think so.

[/quote]

These fucked up the paint one of my bikes, I don’t like them.

The idea is solid tho.