Post pictures of your bike mess *NOT SAFE FOR ARTBLUR*

[quote=dotMR]This thing was advertised to me on IG today

[/quote]

you have aroused my curiosity.
Would be cool if it was designed for multiple bikes and you could choose different tire widths for each

I like that smile thing, a lot.

[quote=kmcdon][quote=cheese]I thought you were talking about these things, but on second thought I don’t think so.

[/quote]

These fucked up the paint one of my bikes, I don’t like them.

The idea is solid tho.[/quote]
There were two of these near my parents bikes in the garage when I was growing up. For the life of me I could never figure out what they we’re for. After working in a shop I discovered that they’re designed with only steel bikes in mind (or at least the design hasn’t changed since the 70s), and they are intended to be used as a mini repair stand and not a storage stand. I’ve got one now that I love and many of my aluminum bikes have marred paint on the downtube because they just barely fit in the hook.

I feel like an old piece of bar tape or scrap of leather at each contact point could fix that issue, at least on steel bikes.

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel][quote=dotMR]This thing was advertised to me on IG today

[/quote]

you have aroused my curiosity.
Would be cool if it was designed for multiple bikes and you could choose different tire widths for each[/quote]
wait- but isn’t it though?

I think he means if it you could have several in a row and each could be adjustable?

Just plunk em side by side?

Yeah, I meant having a long row of them all attached. Guess you could just bolt individuals together. Mostly to prevent them from sliding all over as you try to insert your bike and the tire isn’t perfectly parallel to the slot.
This style:

Looking for a bike storage solution in my one car garage. I have some floor stands (Feedback Rakk) but would like to get the lesser used bikes off the floor and onto the wall.

Has anyone used the Feedback Velo Hinge? Dumb? Awesome?

Have three of them. Work fine. Had to get longer hooks for mtb tires. Pretty easy to flip to swing the other way.

[quote=yummygooey]Looking for a bike storage solution in my one car garage. I have some floor stands (Feedback Rakk) but would like to get the lesser used bikes off the floor and onto the wall.

Has anyone used the Feedback Velo Hinge? Dumb? Awesome?

[/quote]

Oh that’s pretty neat. Shouldn’t affect fenders or anything. Our shed (which houses the bikes, camping, lawn, and car stuff ) has an awkward shelving layout, but these could be a nice solution if I were to re-do it for vertical bikes. I’m imagining a cd-case of bikes. Flipping through until I find the one I want.

Can you alternate nose up and nose down to get a tighter fit?

I just ordered 4, will see how they work out.

I store a lot of bikes on vertical hooks like that. It works great and you can totally alternate up and down to save space.

Kinda bike mess. It’s where I work on bikes at least. Crossposted from the sewing thread in o/t.

Current sewing/gaming/spreadsheeting/drawing/everything station.

Also I can pop the sewing machine out and put the desk plug back in to have a normal desk. But I’ve never actually done that.

Where are all your bike tools?

I like that multi use space. Do you live in an apartment or house?

Tiny apartment. Bike tools are all in the toolbox under the desk which doubles as a footrest. I don’t do lots of bike maintenance do to a combination of 90% of riding is on a track bike and I worked part time at a shop up until recently and will normally just pop in there if I need to do anything extreme. I also have basically a full bike shop in my office for the cargo bikes so any brake maintenance or bleeds get done there.

I needed a better way to store panniers. Hanging on hangers was taking up too much room. Still need to figure out something to put behind the bags to keep the clips from messing up the door (since it’s a rental and all).

that is tidy