Post your Dirty Jumper

Yeah Fred’s always carrying like tons of shit in his right? I want unlimited amounts of space.

Edit: Rusty, Jones bars are giving me all of it on that frame, but they had way too much leverage on my noodlebiek. YMMV

I love mine. People think it’s made for my Wald basket, which is funny because lots of them spent like $250 on a similar bag from Swift.

I was given a Masi CXGR for a trip on the Great Divide next month. It was too big (shocking), so I worked with my local shop to make it fit. We switched the stem and gave it the Terry treatment. Took my front wheel off my surly so now it’s running a 47cm 650b in the front and a 40 700c in the back. Looks kinda funky, but rides really well.

Was there a specific reason for not swapping out the rear wheel, too? Pedal strike concerns?

I’d recommend installing a brown saddle, but don’t want to get scolded. :slight_smile:

We tried to swap out the rear wheel but the cassettes weren’t compatible (10speed and 11speed) and then the hubs were different, which would mean rebuilding wheels. I didn’t want to invest a bunch of money in a bike that i’m not sure I’m gonna love.

Gotcha.

revisited sscx on local singletracks. ouch.

Haven’t been riding this as much as the campeur, but every time I do I just smile and smile.

Really is a sweet bike

You can get this cassette and it fits on 10 speed hubs. Also I can probably modify your freehub to fit 11 speed cassettes normally, if you’re interested.

Or pull the 11t and fit a 12t lockring to get 10/11

ooh josh let’s talk

I changed some things

Finally went 11s with some wet brakes. Ditched the Salsa bars for some WCS Curve. Intentionally went longer reach and offset with a significantly shorter stem.

Between the change in stem length and the subtle back sweep at the tops, it opened up a bunch of real estate for my hands when riding on the tops. Previously my knuckles would brush the swift bag which was annoying.

The transition from tops to hoods is perfect now and I’m fully stoked on the shape of the hydro hoods.

Also, the 6600 front derailleur works better than yaw with yaw shifting.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

10s dangler?

[quote=Endpoint]

Finally went 11s with some wet brakes. Ditched the Salsa bars for some WCS Curve. Intentionally went longer reach and offset with a significantly shorter stem.

Between the change in stem length and the subtle back sweep at the tops, it opened up a bunch of real estate for my hands when riding on the tops. Previously my knuckles would brush the swift bag which was annoying.

The transition from tops to hoods is perfect now and I’m fully stoked on the shape of the hydro hoods.

¯_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

BALLER BUILD I LOVE IT

Two suggestions, both from frame buildin perspective.

1. Drop the water bottle position on the seat tube down to make room for tangle bags like you have there - or simply put a 3rd nipple so the bottle cage can be repositioned down. Right now the only thing to solve for that is to purchase a Wolftooth B-RAD thing.

2. Space 3x nipples under the top tube so you can use bolt-on frame/tangle bags. Will look cleaner.

Or you know, don’t. Opinions like assholes, free and worth every penny, etc etc etc.

Awesome bike, awesome build. I really like it. :bear:

Older XX1 10s because I had it and it works.
Only the first Elephant built frames didn’t have a dropped ST bottle. Fixed that issue 3 years ago.
Bolt on frame bags are pointless imo.

[quote=Endpoint]

¯_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

This really interests me.

It’s weird. But I do think the 6600 derailleur was actually the pinnacle of front shifting technology… for Sram.

Have you tried others from Shimano? What is it that’s specific to the 6600?