Pro Cycling

What about the number 3?[/quote]

4 seems OK too I guess…

[quote=Viggen]So aside from road cycling who is even the least bit stoked on the XC and DH WC in Cairns starting tomorrow?
Imma watch the shit out of it and of course I’m rooting for Sam Hill to make a unbelievable run on his enduro and for Danny Hart to send it and steal the show. There are so many great riders this year, competition is gonna be mad…
Think It’ll be hard to beat Myriam Nicole in the ladies race but I’m rooting for Tracey Hannah to take the win, sad to read Rachel Atherton bust her clavicleboner in the qualifiers :([/quote]
I am! Raced worlds there in 96. Sam Gaze won u23 yesterday I heard. I better check. Might be some results out for elite already. It’s geo blocked here unless, you have Sky.

Tissottiming.com

[quote=cousinmosquito]
I am! Raced worlds there in 96. Sam Gaze won u23 yesterday I heard. I better check. Might be some results out for elite already. It’s geo blocked here unless, you have Sky.[/quote]
Cool!
How can red bull.tv be geoblocked? Get Chrome+Hola-plugin: profit.

[quote=Viggen][quote=cousinmosquito]
I am! Raced worlds there in 96. Sam Gaze won u23 yesterday I heard. I better check. Might be some results out for elite already. It’s geo blocked here unless, you have Sky.[/quote]
Cool!
How can red bull.tv be geoblocked? Get Chrome+Hola-plugin: profit.[/quote]
I used to use hola then I read some stuff implying it was implicated in bot farms so I got feet after a while. Could have been BS.

fuck yeah that was rad

contador was the most exciting stage racer of the year

Only the live events were blocked on redbulltv as sky had the rights, over here.

[quote=lukasz]fuck yeah that was rad

contador was the most exciting stage racer of the year[/quote]

shit yeah!
But like, the whole time I was thinking, pro cycling is the new pro wrestling.

pro wrestling was the new pro cycling atmo

That’ll do, Bert.
That’ll do.

[quote=b-roll]That’ll do, Bike.
That’ll do.[/quote]

TC: I say this all the time to my bike after surviving some horrible line choice.

I wasn’t a big fan of how much the final sprint determined the Cairns race. I guess it’s kind of cool that it required the top people to be in better fitness, but it seemed kind of ridiculous for a DH course.

Not sure if this is technically pro cycling, as these ultra-endurance races are not under the UCI’s aegis, but wow. Sarah Hammond is a pretty amazing bike rider/racer/endurer.

[quote=Endpoint][quote=NOVELTYNAME]
Cannondales got money[/quote]

Not from what I hear.[/quote]

Cannondale’s parent company has got money, but they’re not running a nonprofit.

[quote=iwillbe]https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/sarah-hammond-doubles-2017-race-rock-win/

Not sure if this is technically pro cycling, as these ultra-endurance races are not under the UCI’s aegis, but wow. Sarah Hammond is a pretty amazing bike rider/racer/endurer.[/quote]
Sure is, she put the shits up Lael Wilcox big time in the Transam, luckily Lael just boxed on until Sarah started making fatigue induced errors, losing 100’s of kms with a wrong turn, and eventually blew. Note that Jesse (the organiser) in 3rd I think, started about 2 days late after his dyno hub was broken in transit this year. Last year he broke his hand. I am imagining that is probably the hardest ride out there, to do from a mental point of view. Although the Indiepac appeals to me just about as much.

Yeah, heading out into the Australian bush like that is no joke. Hundreds (not kidding) of kms between services of any kind, on shitty roads and 4wd tracks.
It takes a level of fitness and intestinal fortitude that I lack. Sarah is a next-level athlete, no doubt. And full credit to Jesse for his ride too.

[quote=heavymetal]Yeah, heading out into the Australian bush like that is no joke. Hundreds (not kidding) of kms between services of any kind, on shitty roads and 4wd tracks.
It takes a level of fitness and intestinal fortitude that I lack. Sarah is a next-level athlete, no doubt. And full credit to Jesse for his ride too.[/quote]
Pretty sure I saw on Sarahs IG a mention of one stretch with 400kms with no food, or water, may have just been no food. You cant go 10 metres in NZ without water, ha ha. I see Sydney had the highest September temperature in 159 years yesterday. Oldest daughter has just moved their. Crikey.

What about the number 3?[/quote]

4 seems OK too I guess…[/quote]

I haven’t seen next year’s course, but why not?

Unless its on an auto track in Zolder or finishes on a cat 1 climb I’d say he’s the current favorite at this point.

Local boy Logan Owen signs with Cannondale, or whatever they’re going to be next year.

http://slipstreamsports.com/logan-owen-slipstream-sports/

He’s still only 22 and won all the US cyclocross things as a junior.