Pro Cycling

I don’t get what he is signing with. Isn’t Cannondale/Slipstream currently raising money in order to simply exist next year?

Nah, they found a new title sponsor. Supposedly keeping them afloat for 3 years. Now known as Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale underwritten by SRAM s/o to our crowdfunders

That name should provide the Liggett lulz or finally cause him to have a heart attack during a live broadcast next year. Stoked.

Lold

What does Tarck think of Gaimon vs. Cancellara?

I think “mechanical doping” is a stupid term and it should be called what it really is: robocheating

That is 4 letters too long.

[quote=Tail Hook Lengthener]What does Tarck think of Gaimon vs. Cancellara?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cancellara-demands-end-to-sales-of-book-alleging-mechanical-doping/[/quote]

i like gaimon, but i love fabes, so this really tears me apart and i’m forced to chose fabian.

You’d be a fool not to think Fabian aka “Luigi” doped.

Gaimon is an idiot, but his accusation is fairly harmless given the context. He reads like a 9/11 truther.

We’re not talking about “doping” we’re talking about “motordoping”

Luigi def doped. Anyone on the pro tour winning things is doping. Same as it ever was. Motordoping? No way.

Robo-ting?

Fake news.

But seriously, is there a clearer example of humping an off-season news story by everyone involved to make a buck and let everyone know they still exist? Gaimon is tapping into the Euro cycling book market outside of July. Fabs never comes off bad denying he rode like a machine so bring on the lawyers and intensify that Steisand effect! And getting the new UCI president involved so he can sound tough on cheating?

Fake news.

If I were to guess what actual motor doping looks like, this is a lot closer to it:

Pros got too much machismo to motodope.

Froome got popped.

i am glad i’ve always hated froome

he’s gonna get off.
a bigger blow to cycling than losing credibility is having the stars not show up.

Eh.

β2-AR agonists are demonstrably powerful bronchodilators, anabolic agents and, in combination with corticosteroids, powerfully enhance their anti-inflammatory actions. However, there is little evidence from animal or human studies that these effects translate into an improvement in performance. Indeed, many of the drugs developed to treat asthma are partial agonists that may limit the effectiveness of adrenaline in producing cardiovascular and metabolic responses. There is the potential to cause cardiac arrhythmias and to exacerbate allergic reactions by improving the access of allergens to the lung.

Dude probably took on a dirty blood bag that was banked when he’d been hitting the ventolin inhaler too hard. Even in a moment of desperation I doubt they’d be so foolish to have Chris ingest salbutamol or inhale a massive amount in competition. Too rookie for an established program. I think the mistake came in the training prep for the Tour/Vuelta double.

The bigger questions are 1) how does Team Sky fare after this latest scandal and 2) if they still exist is Chris still on the team?

Yeah. I agree. Way too rookie. Which ever way you spin it…
https://twitter.com/jaksche?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsportsscientists.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fbrief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result%2F