Pro Cycling

Occam’s razor people… most likely answer is he pushed the limits with the puffer he had a TUE for. Inrng has what seems to be a pretty reasonable take on it.

I see no reason to suggest Sky is “clean” but a bag of blood in final 1/4 of the Vuelta? Come on. The risk of getting a hit on jacked blood values is about as high as taking EPO (especially because these days they know exactly what a bag of blood looks like near the end of a grand tour).

Amateur as fuck. Especially considering it’s the Vuelta not LeTour.

I just don’t see Sky/Froome taking that particular risk.

Now it’s use as a masking agent for something newer / harder to test for / more sinister? Sure. We can go down that conspiracy rabbit hole.

If it is an effective masking agent for something new, then that would be more the Sky MO. Get a TUE for a masking agent. The near perfect crime.

Was there really any doubt that sky was flying close to the sun with their near-universal diagnosis of asthma, and all their other “marginal gains”? I’m just surprised that it took this long for one of their guys to TRULY get popped.

I hate looking at Chris Froome so I’m glad he got popped

Bring back the elegance shartmo

True believers makin’ me LOL so hard with this video.

I’m very sure this will become clear.
Froomey will overcome this! #istandwithfroomey #teamsky @chrisfroome @TeamSky pic.twitter.com/GirMhiH7Hu

— Fin Guo (@Finey_g) December 14, 2017

Damn what a battle between Cant and Compton at cross worlds today.

Managed to make it the whole day without spoilers.
Had to download a torrent, because UCI inexplicably didn’t have it on youtube (but had both u23 races).

Elite races are blocked in the US because someone (NBC maybe?) has the rights but won’t broadcast them. You can watch them on UCI’s YouTube with a VPN.

Yeah no problem watching on Youtube from Canuckistan.

I understand the rights thing. And NBC does broadcast worlds.
The Opera VPN that worked for the World Cup last week didn’t work.
For some reason the latest update of opera for Mac just offers Asia, Europe, and Americas as options instead of choosing Canadia like I used to do.
Alas, I watched it on NBC Olympics just to be frustrated by fucking commercials at random/crucial times. After it was obvious what was happening the commercials were less of a concern, but seriously, way to meet expectations of shitty coverage, NBC.

Opera has a VPN? For the mobile or desktop? I pay for a VPN that gives me lots of options, but it would be nice to not pay.

It is built into opera on desktop.Had worked for world cup UCI feed last week.

Not sure what the mobile vpn deal is, because it is separate from the browser on my iphone.

I was still able to peep Sporza feed live. Found out it was 2 minutes ahead of NBC. But Could check in on commercials and stuff.

A bit of luck here for Sam Blenkinsop at Oceania DH champs.

Yikes.
#groinstrong

balls of steel?

been following things for the last couple of weeks.
Stoked to see wout VA at the classics, and on his performance today.
Strada Bianchi is a rad race (I would love to ride the course), but the finish this year was meh… he won it from 10k.
Interesting to see all the big guns playing games in the last few races…
Also, fuck… astana with 3 riders in the finish at oomloop? Since when did they go all Mapei

Well thanks for the spoiler since I read this while watching a replay that is 8km from the finish. j/k
That last km is still one of, if not the best, last km in cycling. Even if it’s only watching someone go up it alone.

As much as I was not a WVA fan in cross, I’m stoked to see him race a classics season. Especially if can have more days like this.
Isn’t MVdP doing a MTB season this year? That will be fun too.

Also… how fucking great are the slipstream kits this year.
Im stoked on their team again, Phinny, Uran, Vanmarke…
Im gonna get a hat. Kinda want a jersey, cuz they are popping, but probably not 100$ popping.

Terino is going to be good. The field is stacked, all the classics dudes, and the big gun GC racers.

Interesting stuff at P-N today, I wonder if Direct Energy is gonna put in work for Astana later, cuz that looked like LLS handed the guy the stage.

like in terms of PEDs or?