Pro Cycling

Like putting half their team in the elite select in classics races.

[quote=Todd]been following things for the last couple of weeks.
Stoked to see wout VA at the classics, and on his performance today.
Strada Bianchi is a rad race (I would love to ride the course), but the finish this year was meh… he won it from 10k.
Interesting to see all the big guns playing games in the last few races…
Also, fuck… astana with 3 riders in the finish at oomloop? Since when did they go all Mapei[/quote]
It looks waaay more brutal in some of these cell-phone vids.
I will be there for Eroica in May but I am struggling to see much cross-over in the courses. I would really love to ride that shit too.
Will try and do a deal with the mrs. Shopping while biking deal often works out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qHcmFu0bj8

Him falling over and failing at the remount on the final climb? Good on him,

Holy crap. I had no idea that happened. He was so destroyed. That’s awesome.
Another reason why that is the best finish in cycling.

that kid is 23 years old

FY ! Sam Gaze, first kiwi to win a world cup in XC!
His dad, Chris and his buddy came to town to stay with us years ago and we took out the top 3 places in a local mini tour (in B-grade). Chris still punches above his weight in the open class XC at times. Sam has been growing up in the shadow of Anton Cooper but it just goes to show the different trajectories riders take in their careers. Slow burner. Anton was a phenom from day 1. Watching it on Redbull TV now.

First dude not named julien absalon, Nino shurter, or jaroslav kulhavy to win a world cup in 5 years! That race was fun to watch, and looked tough.

It was a cracker. I wonder if he can back it up. George Bennett 3rd in Tirreno Adriatico too.

I’m excited to see how VdP does with a front row start instead of having to struggle through 30 people.

HY: MSR was rad. Watched the last 15 minutes after getting done with my ride. was great.

Thanks for the reminder. Holy shit that crash at 10km.

Just watched. That was pretty good.

Mofo. Watched half of it. Went under the house to swap a couple of derailers and now it’s been pulled !

Just a flesh wound…

http://africasteam.com/2018/03/17/update-mark-cavendish/

Dude is gonna retire this year.
That’s too much.

Cavendish is the new Tyler Farrar

“ligamentous ankle injury”

sufficient to rip a shoe off, fling it high into the air, only to land neatly atop said bollard.
But who needs ankles to win TDF sprint stages, right?

ref Cosmo vid…

I went to Nairo quintanas hometown today. A bunch of junior (jrjr? Like 12-14yo) racers laughed at me when I took a photo of the giant statueS of him, but then cheered when I gave a thumbs up

After yesterday it seems pretty likely we’ll lose Wout to road racing. At least he beat Stybar.

After Strada Bianche and top 10 in a Flanders debut? From here on, he’ll dip in for an occasional national championship or charity race, but this kid is now is a road racer.