Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

I went to take the rack off after my holiday. It wouldn’t come off. The Allen screw was bent. I only just got it off with massive torque. This told me that the incident had happened after I dropped it off when I took the car in for servicing. I went back to talk to the guy who I knew to be reasonable guy, but at the same time I knew he could say, “nothing to do with us, must have happened in the car park before our guys worked on it.” I was dreading it. I told him my story. He said, Red Prius? Yeah I remember it. A dude in a big truck. We checked the rack and thought it looked alright. No problems, buy a new one and we will pay". I did, he did. Phew. $260

7 Likes

Just like triple check the direction you’re driving the bolt :eyes:

4 Likes

lol yeah for sure.

super handy for taking pedals off of cranks that you took off of a bike before thinking to remove the pedals

3 Likes

Designated L/R impacts :rofl:

3 Likes

This is the same as tapping a wrench handle with a hammer, right? Seems legit.

2 Likes

yeah but much faster, more controlled, and smaller hits

Or have one custom made that’s 7/8 the size

2 Likes

Ding ding ding winner winner.

1 Like

My day:

But also my day:

23 Likes

I don’t know who Stella is but sounds like she’s got a shitty market.

2 Likes

They are actually a killer carry out place that for some reason has “market” in their name. They are just down the street and when they we’re going to open up it got everyone all stressed out… but now we get lunch their since their beer/wine selection is super weak.

2 Likes

Also… since I always make a point to leave good reviews for bike shops when Karen’s strike…

Who should I give 5 stars to next?

2 Likes

Bike Envy

1 Like

Maybe courtney is just stoked about having a buff boyfriend and isn’t really sure how best to get the word out.

9 Likes

is Courtney your wife

2 Likes

i’d say jake’s shop but at least on google literally nobody hates them

The linkage on the Orbea is having issues keeping the bushings in place. :frowning: Looks like it needs to go though Orbea to see if I can get a replacement. Since I’m the 2nd owner of the frame, I may be stuck in warranty hell again.

So far, I’ve had warranty issues on the last 3 bikes I’ve bought:

1. Hatchet had a inset bolt pull out on the bottom biscuit
  2. Crooked shock mounts on the Instinct
  3. Wonky swinger on the Oiz
1 Like

No photo but my ebike rear hub shat the bed after 8 months and 1900 miles of commuting.

OEM specialized?

2 Likes

Yerp

1 Like