Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

Those are the new SRAM Existenz shakes!

7 Likes

Somehow I had this 79 gram seat on my bike, maybe I was prepping for a hill climb, I can’t recall. Anyway, it was very comfy, so I’m left it on. Last week as I rode over a judder bump at work, I unweighted my pedals, keywins with very worn cleats, they slipped out. I came down hard on the saddle. It was only this morning on my commute that I noticed the saddle was bust!

5 Likes

pain down under!

8 Likes

railed in the ass

2 Likes

10 Likes

hope the rider wasn’t aboard when that happened :grimacing:

22 Likes

4 Likes

shouldn’t that be the thick part?

That’s what she said

4 Likes

b-tension washer kicked past this little nub and all the Deerore rears on ebay are trashed/expensive, so here goes nothing

3 Likes

Crack started at the dangler wire hole, probably just drilled shitty.

3 Likes

I mean it looks like Ti. There’s lots that could’ve gone wrong with welding like heat affected zone or not purged properly. Who knows

When I got my Merckx Telekom it was like this. The RD it came with still worked, but no modern one would. I carefully wrapped an old spoke around where it connected to the frame and bent it to stay put. It’s been working for years.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

1 Like

I have zero data to back this up but I’m convinced ti has the highest failure rate of welded bike materials.

I still want a ti bike for some reason.

2 Likes

All a Ti bike did for me was cement my love of aluminum.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to get years of service from beer tab. Eventually will replace the thing.

Edit: looks like planet cyclery has them on sale. Might as well add a couple $3 octalink bbs to the cart for absolutely no reason.

1 Like

Which is extra hilarious given the “forever bike” image used to sell them.

I also want one though.

2 Likes

Well, they don’t rust?

And Seven has a lifetime warranty, we send more than a couple a year back to get repaired and rebuild them with new groups.

3 Likes