Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

I typically check the bolts on my mtb every season. I’ve never lost a rotor bolt or had one back out before. It’s just another item on the list of wacky things that go wrong on this bike (i.e. the seat collar popping up while riding, the bottle bosses coming right out of the frame, etc).

Man, that’s a bummer. It’s a real cool looking bike. I almost thought about buying it when it was for sale.

Rim cracked! Still riding it this week though. Will swap this weekend.

1 Like

Probably gonna buy some light bicycle rims this winter though, depending on how the wtb i23s hold up

5 Likes

I honestly didn’t know this bike was so fuggin cursed :frowning:

@jacobell please double or triple check the ritcheys… maybe i’m not meant to sell, only hoard

1 Like

One of the shifters is broken but that’s a problem for future me (or someone else)

Yeah i don’t blame you, def don’t think it was on purpose. Just weird. I love the bike otherwise.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the plastic mounting ring for the IQ-X? I had another bad crash this week

i have a bruise the size of a sheet of paper on my thigh. And don’t even ask about my testicles.

3 Likes

I’ve got a bracket if you torqued that. Been meaning to grab an extra band cause that’s def the week spot

2 Likes

Hope your balls get better

5 Likes

thanks, looks like i’m going to have to order from Peter White, but that page got me the part number.

1 Like

Damn bro. I’m not even mad at that pants down shot. Impressive!!

it wraps around more than halfway. i think i must have actually gotten launched in the air to have hit the ground hard enough to do that.

how did you do this

Sounds like he might not have a good idea of how it happened

Peter White sells balls now? I haven’t checked the site in a while.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I had this experience a while back. And like you, despite many years riding I’d never had it happen before, which is why it took me an age to trouble shoot it. It was a bit random. I suspect it was a shitty assembly from the factory (Giant ebike). Ha ha. I just realised, it’s only the 3rd new bike Ive ever owned, tho It’s actually my wife’s.

That is one impressive bruise. I hope the boys pull through.

hit a pothole. i think it must have launched me pretty high over the bars

2 Likes