Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

Carbon is Rejected by the most Esteemed of all of the Asian bike component Manufacturers

get the money
dollar dollar bill yall

4 Likes

This is what happened to my old tcx frame on the downtube. Warrantied pretty quick which is why I have the blue/orange frame and fork now.

Wonder if this is coming out of the same factory

Except for the wishbone seat stay, looks similar!

If I am reading the website correctly, that bike comes with a carbon Whisky fork and WI headset for $700? That’s a crazy good deal.

I have no idea what it’s made, but all the catalog makers (Maxway, Tange, whoever else I can’t remember) all offer something similar.

that vent hole though…?

Looks like the frameset is $1100, frame only is $700.

1 Like

According to my only slightly professional opinion: given that it’s not a soma and doesn’t have a split SS the vent hole or lack thereof shouldn’t be an issue. also it looks like the derpout actually extends past the vent hole on the bottom of teh CS anyway.

Large has a 65 top tube? No XL? Wack.

:smilegrant:

Typo, 56 tt. More like a medium than a large.

:sadgrant:

Yeah, the way the stays attach to the dropout (and the dropout-stay interface shape) is different for sure.

But probably same factory just different instructions compared to Soma

nah it’s a totally different dropout that’s closer to the original tabbed Paragon but a little meatier

Tange’s knockoff slider that Soma and Ritchey use is hooded

Whups

1 Like

Looks fixed to me.

2 Likes

putting too much power into the granny ring

1 Like

I’ve done that to a 105 ring on a sram crank

Sorry no pictures

At the beginning of the year I noticed that my sugino oxes were falling off due to shittty left crank installation. No problem just tighten it back up. The splines don’t look chewed up. Well throughout the year it kept happening and i kept tightening with more loctite and torque. Now the pinch bolts are bottoming out due to no more room in the crack between sides. Time to investigate getting a single left ox arm, or maybe some ultegras.

On a side note , are nerd cranks over now that closely spaced cassettes go to 34+?